Britannia cruise ship cabins with balconies are 1313, located on all cabin decks (max capacity 4 quests per cabin). Just like NCL Epic and the Royal-class sister-ships in the Princess Cruises fleet, the largest PandO ship is unique with the lack of Oceanview cabins (has no any outside staterooms with Picture or Porthole windows). Suite accommodations are all 64 (max capacity 3 guests per cabin). Inside staterooms are 460 (30% of all passenger accommodations). Single occupancy cabins (for solo travelers) are 27 (all located on Lido Deck 16). Single cabins are in two grades – QF-Balcony, and SF-Interior. The number of all cabin categories is 35.
Follows the review of P and O Britannia staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Britannia ship cabins feature a boutique style interior, with 37″ flat TVs (films on demand system, cable/satellite programs), twin beds (convertible to queen), “The White Company”/London sleeping packs, British artists works, bathrooms (with glass shower screens (massage shower heads, hairdryer), welcome gifts (upon arrival – bottled water, pamper pack), refrigerator, safe, ample closet space.
- There are no standard Oceanview staterooms (with Picture or Porthole windows) on the Britannia ship. All outside cabins have a private balcony – a first time feature for P and O ship.
- Rooms’ balconies are with either transparent glass or solid steel railings, and lounge furnitured (with table and 2 chairs). Most of the verandas are narrow in comparison to other big cruise ships.
- Suites in addition have butler service, separate lounge/living area, two flat TVs (42″), iPod station, luxury bathroom (cotton bathrobes, luxury brand bath products, marble floor, marble countertop, separate whirlpool bathtub and shower), exclusive Concierge Lounge access, complimentary services (laundry, cleaning), complimentary Internet Cafe Web access, welcome gifts (Champagne, fruits, flowers), coffee maker, iron/ironing board, world atlas, binoculars, canapes (daily), magazine/newspaper (daily).
- *Owner Suite balcony sizes vary by deck location – 210 ft2 / 20 m2 (decks A, B, F), 120 ft2 / 11 m2 (decks C, E) and 190 ft2 / 18 m2 (decks D, G).
- Superior Deluxe Balcony rooms feature separate lounge/seating area with sofa bed, 2 flat TVs, bathroom with bath tub/shower, terry towels, luxury bath products.
- Deluxe Balcony rooms have sofa beds, waffle bathrobes, terry towels. Staterooms in categories IB, IC and IE are with obstructed views due to lifeboats or steel railings.
- Standard Balcony cabins categories JB, JC and JE are with obstructed view due lifeboats or steel railings.
- All grades Balcony staterooms have upper beds and sofa beds to accommodate more passengers.
- In all Britannia staterooms, there are UK standard 3-pin sockets. There are shave points located in bathrooms. In all staterooms, power supply is 250V and 125V (frequency 60HZ). Plug sockets location is as follows: 1 in bathroom (120 V/ 230V), 1 by the vanity table ((125V), and all 5 sockets around the room (by the TV, near the sofa, near the fridge / each 250V). All (excepting the shaver socket in the bathroom) are 3-pin UK plugs.
Handicap / wheelchair-accessible cruise cabins
- The Britannia ship’s gangways are all wide enough for most types of wheelchairs and disability scooters.
- For P and O cruise passengers with disabilities, there are a total of 46 accessible cabins with wider doors, turning spaces, beds with open bed frames, lowered vanity in the sitting area, amplified phones, captioned TVs, wider bathrooms (roll-in shower, fold-down shower bench, grab bars, lower sinks and closet rods, raised toilets, hand-held shower head).
- All handicap cabins feature a convenient location near the ship’s elevators.
- All public restrooms on the ship have stalls and automatic door systems. All decks provide elevator access. All onboard dining venues, bars and lounges offer wheelchair access and seating.