Of all NCL Getaway cabins, 42 are located in the signature “The Haven” all-suite complex, 59 are Studios (single occupancy cabins for solo travelers) and 42 are wheelchair-accessible. The number of all cabin categories is 42.
Follows the review of Norwegian Getaway staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- 2 twin beds (convertible to queen-size), hair dryer, electronic safe, mini-bar, flat-TV, writing desk with all four outlets (2 U.S and 2 European), ample closet and shelving space, key-card access (en-suite lighting control).
- Private bathrooms have sink (storage underneath), glass-door shower, 2 shower dispensers (shampoo, body wash), luxury bath products (by Elemis only in Haven and Spa cabins).
- Many of the NCL Getaway Inside cabins are adjoining/connecting rooms (with a pull-down bunk). Family inside cabins are located near kids facilities.
- The 59 Studio cabins are designed for solo travelers. Most of them have exclusive key-card access to the Studio complex and the two-decks high Studio Lounge & Bar. The NCL Getaway Single rooms have full-sized beds. Their windows look to the corridor.
- Oceanview staterooms have large windows (44 of them are Family Oceanview- sleep 5 guests).
- Balcony cabins have sofa beds with ample underbed storage space (large drawers).On the balcony, there are 2 mesh chairs with a small table.
- Mini-suites are slightly bigger then the balcony rooms, with better bathrooms (double sink, body jet, handheld shower-head), 1 sofa bed, full-sized closet. Many of the Family Mini Suites (near kids facilities) have bathtubs.
- NCL Getaway Spa cabins (36 Balcony, 20 Mini Suites, 16 Haven Spa Suites) are on Deck 14, located adjacent to the spa/fitness complex. Guests in these category rooms enjoy complimentary Thermal Spa Suite access and amenities (plush bathrobes, slippers). These accommodations have king-sized beds, a separate dining area, in-suite jacuzzi, a bathroom with oversized shower (waterfall shower-head, body jets, 2 sinks, plus a handheld showerhead).
- The 22 Penthouses are located outside The Haven but also have access to complex. Each of them has a separate dining room and a living area (with 1 double sofabed), bathroom with 2 double sinks and a bathtub, Elemis luxury bath products.
- The all 42 Suites and Villas of the “The Haven” complex (Deck 15 & 16) feature as amenities a private service by a concierge plus 24-hour butler service; priority (embarkation/disembarkation; tendering), en-suite coffee makers; gourmet treats (in the evening), deluxe mattress; linens, feather duvets, plus a pillow menu; bathrobes, slippers. Haven guests have direct access to the spa-fitness center.
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Getaway ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).
NCL Getaway staterooms of “The Haven” categories
- 18 “Courtyard Penthouses” (king-sized bed, living-dining rooms, single sofa bed, large walk-in closet, balcony with 2 wicker chairs and a wicker table).
- 20 “2-Bedroom Family Villas” (2 bedrooms, separate living and dining areas, single sofabed, bar, master bedroom (with floor-ceiling windows and private balcony), master bath (shower, bathtub with oceanview, two sinks), second bedroom (single or double sofabed, Pullman bed, bathroom).
- 2 Owner Suites (living room, dining area, vanity, bedroom (floor-ceiling windows, big walk-in closet, large balcony, master bathroom (big bathtub, luxury sinks, shower). On Norwegian getaway Owner Suites can be connected with Deluxe Owner Suites (up to 8 guests capacity).
- The Haven’s 2 Deluxe Owner Suites are the biggest accommodations on the ship. They feature living room, dining area, vanity, wet bar, large wraparound balcony.
- NCL Getaway’s 42 wheelchair-accessible staterooms include 1 suite, 4 mini-suites, 13 balcony, 9 oceanview (4 Family) and 14 interior rooms (hearing-impaired kits available upon request).