On the Breakaway-Plus class NCL Joy ship:
- Total number of The Haven suites is almost doubled in comparison to the Breakaway-class ships – 95 Suite accommodations, including 2 more Owner’s Suites (each with 2 balconies and floor-ceiling windows).
- The Haven Spa suites’ location is close to the Thermal Suite (complimentary) and the Fitness Center.
- The ship has no Studio decks (2-deck complex of single-occupancy cabins for solo travelers, keycard access only) with its own exclusive Studio Lounge & Bar (accessible by Studio cabins passengers only). Instead, NCL Joy has Family Inside cabins (positioned in clusters forwrad on decks 10, 11, 12). This is a new category Interior Suites, each with 2 bedrooms and virtual balconies.
- The Haven Suite can be connected with an adjacent balcony cabin. The ship has a total of 308 mini suites, 1088 balcony and 374 inside staterooms. The 82 studio staterooms are designed for solo travelers and feature virtual views. The ship has more connecting cabins (in all categories).
Follows the review of Norwegian Joy staterooms as amenities, furniture and included (complimentary) services:
- All Norwegian Joy cabins as amenities feature sleeping area with standard twin/single beds (convertible to queen, with leather headboard and above-bed lighted recess), en-suite bathroom (WC, sink, shower stall, bath products, hairdryer), lounge/sitting area (full-size wardrobe, vanity area, ample storage space), flat TV (26″, with recessed under TV nook), safe, mini-bar, direct-dial phone), individual air-conditioning.
- The highest grades Norwegian Joy accommodations are in The Haven Suite categories. Haven Suite passengers enjoy an exclusive lounge access. This is the Courtyard outdoor relaxation complex, which has its own swimming pool/whirlpool, sundeck/sunbathing area, private fitness center, valet service. Bonus perks for Suite guests are: key-card cabin access, welcome gifts (Champagne, fruits, flowers), in-room dining (full breakfast menu, evening treats), pillow menu, luxury mattresses, deluxe bedding, plush slippers, terry towels, 24-hour personal butler and concierge service (luggage unpacking), large flat TVs (with DVD players), coffee machines, refrigerator, priority services (check-in, debarkation, tender boat boarding, dining reservations), complimentary specialty restaurant dining (breakfast and lunch).
- H2 and H3 Owner Suites have separate living room, dining area, large dressing area, bathroom (separate shower, bathtub, WC, 2 sinks vanity area), 1/2 guest bathroom, floor-ceiling windows, wraparound balcony (H2 Deluxe), master bedroom (king bed).
- H4 Family Villas (2-Bedroom suites) have separate living room (with dining area and single sofa bed), luxury bathroom (separate shower, bathtub, WC, 2 sinks vanity area).
- H5 Courtyard Penthouses have lounge/living area (single sofa bed), bathroom (shower/bathtub, 2 sinks vanity area, WC).
- H6 Penthouse Suites (aft location) feature large window views in the bathroom, which overlooks the veranda.
- H7 Penthouse Suites (forward location) feature porthole window views in the bedroom, which overlooks the ship’s bow.
- H8-H9 Spa Suites feature soothing decor, floor-ceiling windows, bathroom with whirlpool, separate bathroom (2-sinks vanity, WC, waterfall shower with water jets), location close to the Mandara Spa & Fitness Center, unlimited Thermal Spa Suite access (complimentary).
- Mini Suites and Balcony cabins have queen beds (convertible), sofa beds, double sinks (2-faucet, under sink storage).
- Family Oceanview cabins for up to 5 passengers are 220 ft2 / 20 m2 in size.
- Unlike most NCL ships, Joy will have no Studio cabins (designed for singles and solo travelers). On other ships, these accommodations have full-size beds, bathrooms (separate sink/WC and shower, corridor window view, keycard access to an exclusive Studio Lounge (single cabins guests only lounge complex).
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the NCL charged US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (on all NCL cruise ships). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).
Among the NCL Joy’s cabins related news are:
- New cabin category will be introduced – these are the NCL’s first Concierge-grade rooms. The new Concierge Level suites (forward on decks 14 and 15) will be part of a separate complex (above The Haven). These new accommodations will feature larger balconies, luxurious amenities and personalized service. Replacing the Studios (single cabins) there will be a new Interior Suite category cabins each with 2 bedrooms and a virtual balcony (live outside views). Dedicated concierges will make onboard arrangements (entertainment, dining, spa, special events, private parties, etc). There will be also an exclusive-access Concierge Lounge with its own bar.
- Many Inside staterooms will feature the innovative virtual balconies.
- The new ship will also have plenty of connecting staterooms for larger families.
Handicap / wheelchair-accessible cruise cabins
NCL Joy ship has a total of 47 wheelchair-accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) in the following categories:
- H5-Courtyard Penthouses (rooms 17126, 18126)
- H7-Penthouse (room 13106)
- M1-MC-Mini-Suites (rooms 10290, 10318, 10890, 10918)
- B1-BD-BF-Balcony (rooms 9924, 10286, 10886, 11918, 12282, 12286, 12882, 12882, 12912, 13912, 14278, 14282, 14878, 14882, 14906, 15886)
- O2-OB Oceanview (rooms 5106, 5108, 5138, 5140, 5706, 5708, 5738, 5740), with room sizes of handicap categories OA (320 ft2 / 30) and O1 (545 ft2 / 51 m2).
- I2-IA-IB-IC-Interior (rooms 5106, 5108, 5138, 5140, 5706, 5708, 5738, 5740). Inside handicap rooms size is 225 ft2 / 21 m2.
- Designed specifically for cruise passengers with disabilities, these accommodations feature wider doors, turning spaces, beds with open bed frames, lowered vanity in the sitting area, amplified phones, captioned TVs, wider bathrooms (roll-in shower, fold-down shower bench, grab bars, lower sinks and closet rods, raised toilets, hand-held shower head).
- All handicap cabins feature a convenient location near the ship’s elevators.
- All public restrooms on the NCL Joy ship have stalls and automatic door systems. All decks provide elevator access.
- All onboard dining venues, bars and lounges offer wheelchair access and seating.