American Cruise Lines fleet
Review of American Cruise Lines
The American Cruise Lines is based in the USA small-ship cruise company founded in 1991 and headquartered in Guilford, Connecticut. The line currently operates 7 small ships sailing almost exclusively on USA cruises - along the East Coast, Alaska and on the biggest US rivers Mississippi, Columbia and Snake.
American Cruise Lines
One of the most prominent features of all American Cruise Lines ships is that they are all US-flagged. They were all built/refurbished in the USA by the Chesapeake Shipbuilding company (Salisbury, Maryland). Being a true USA cruise line (all its vessels are registered in the US) means that this line hires only American hotel staff and crews, and pays American taxes on all cruise deals. The ACL line deals are not so cheap, consisting of:
- larger than average staterooms (with the first (only) balcony cabins in the US coastal cruise business)
- spacious public rooms (bars & lounges)
- gourmet cuisine
- highly personalized service
- hassle-free experiences, complimentary drinks before dinner, intimate, relaxing and friendly atmosphere
- amazingly charming itineraries sailing the inland waterways and stopping at ports every day (these are smaller ports inaccessible to larger vessels)
- an evening enrichment program by professional on-board lecturers
- the cruise ship "Queen of the Mississippi" debuted in 2012 as the largest of all ACL ships. Her sister ship was recently launched (March 2015) under the name American Eagle.
- fellow guests - ACL attracts an older clientele from all regions of the USA and Canada (with a high number of repeat passengers), kids are rare, although the New England and Maine sailings in the Summer may draw younger guests.
- The line's ship builder is Chesapeake Shipbuilding
USA rtiver cruise excursions for free
Any American Cruise Line's guest booking USA river cruises on Mississippi or Columbia rivers will get an absolutely free shore excursions. This amazing offer is an year-round deal. These free shore tours are offered in each port of call. The tours list includes:
- "Battle of Vicksburg" (in Vicksburg, Mississippi)
- "Oak Valley Plantation" (in Oak Alley, Louisiana)
- "Mark Twain Boyhood Home-Museum" (in Hannibal, Missouri)
- "Mount St Helens" (in Rainier, Washington)
- "Winery" (in Richland, Washington).
Itinerary of American Cruise Lines
The American Cruise Lines itinerary program include the USA's Eastern and Western seaboards. The line also offers Alaskan cruises during summer. The company's main river cruise destinations are the US rivers Mississippi-Ohio (northbound and southbound itineraries) and Columbia-Snake (eastbound and westbound itineraries).
Follows the list of all American Cruise Lines ships, in barckets (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total)
- Queen of the Mississippi riverboat (2012 / 150 / 76)
- Queen of the West riverboat (1995 / 120 / 70)
- America (2016)
- American Constellation (2017)
- American Eagle riverboat (2015 /150 / 84)
- American Pride riverboat
- American Glory
- American Spirit
- MS Independence
American Cruise Lines ship cruises are an affordable alternative to the top luxury all-inclusive river ships. These deals are a great option for passengers who like to sail in more sheltered waters, and also for first-timers. The ACL as a product is an excellent choice for those who really appreciate the small ship luxury cruise travel for its charmingly beautiful destinations, unique itineraries, impeccable service and like-home comfortable environment.
American Cruise Lines ship tracker
Our American Cruise Lines ship tracker is a function integrated into all review pages. At page-bottom in each page you'll find a map with the ship's current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It's all about convenience - you will find where is your riverboat (ship) cruising today and now along its current itinerary!
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
American Cruise Lines related cruise news
When Pearl Mist dropped anchor in September at the mouth of Northeast Harbor (Maine, USA) and brought her affluent passengers ashore, some of...November 14, 2016
American Cruise Lines announced plans to build 3 new cruise vessels at Chesapeake Shipbuilding in Salisbury, USA. The first to be delivered...November 12, 2016
The newest ship of American Cruise Lines, still under construction at Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland), was given the historic American...May 21, 2016
American Cruise Lines announced that it had begun construction on a new coastal cruise ship. The yet to be named ship is scheduled to start ...October 24, 2015
American Cruise Lines will move one of its paddlewheelers to Columbia and Snake Rivers, Pacific Northwest, thus doubling capacity on the flourishing...August 4, 2015
American Cruise Lines' new paddlewheeler, the American Eagle, was christened April 25 in a ceremony held on the bow of the ship, featuring godmother...April 28, 2015