Celestyal Cruises fleet
Review of Celestyal Cruises
This page contains information on Celestyal Cruises ships schedules and itineraries (itinerary changes, news. Compare sail dates, destinations and Celestyal cruise prices per person.
Celestyal Cruise Line
Celestyal/Louis Cruises is a Louis plc subsidiary line and member of Louis Group, leading tourism group in Eastern Mediterranean. “Celestyal” means “heavenly”, “divine” and “of the stars”, matching the experience guests enjoy when they sail away with the line. The new brand features authentic Greek “Kalimera!” experience, named after the word that is used for the traditional Greek welcome. Read below what makes all Celestyal cruise ship vacations so uniquely distinctive as a sea travel experience:
- Celestyal ships are modest, renovated older vessels which offer basic accommodation, revamped menus, programs and themes focusing on Greek wine, food, history, archaeology and music.
- Celestyal is the only cruise line in the world to home port in Greece, and a preeminent cruise line for Turkey and the Greek Islands. Celestyal Cruises ships sail from the two major ports of Athens (Lavrion and Piraeus) to Crete, Chios, Ios, Milos, Mykonos, Rhodes, Kos, Patmos, Samos, Symi, Syros and Santorini, and to the Turkish ports of Istanbul, Kusadasi and Cesme.
- Celestyal offers complete experience at sea, as it comprises comfort, luxury cruising, education and entertainment.
- Celestyal will take care of everything the minute you step on board, and you won't need to worry about any of the details. After the warm welcomes your luggage is taken straight to cabin. Whatever you need, even if it's medical care or a library, it's available on board your Celestyal Cruises ship. You won't even need to book passage to each of the islands you want to visit, or think about accommodation, meals and tours.
- Celestyal offers short, port-intensive cruise itineraries of 3, 4 and 7 days, so guests don't have much time for activities on board. The line sticks to the traditional cruise format. Breakfast and lunch are open-seating, while dinner is held in two seatings. Guests can choose either the buffet or the dining room.
- “Kali Orexi” is Celestyal Cruises program that is deep into Greek cuisine and is famed for both its simplicity and health benefits. It features fresh local ingredients and, of course, olives and golden Cretan olive oil. The menus include just-baked breads, fresh Greek yogurt, real Greek coffee, Santorini and Peloponnesian wines, as well as dry aromatic Ouzo.
- Celestyal production shows are not as pretentious as on larger ships, but there is plenty of live music in the line’s bars and lounges, musicians and performers hail from Greece. Celestyal Cruises presents the magic of taverna nights and guests can learn “sirtaki” from “Zorba the Greek”. Members of Lyceum Club of Greek Women perform Greek folk dances on select sailings.
- The ships also have casinos, shops for sundry items, pool decks and small spa & gym complexes.
- In November 2017 the line will take delivery of two more ships - Thomson Majesty and Thomson Spirit, which date from 1992 and 1983 respectively.
- Celestyal Cruises could also see a couple of new-builds join its fleet by 2021, according to Kyriakos Anastassiadis, line's CEO. The "ultimate objective" of Celestyal was new builds, and the line was working with a ship designer to achieve its aim.
Itinerary of Celestyal Cruises
Celestyal Cruises is a new brand of the Cyprus-based Louis Cruises, launched in 2014. Starting in 2015 two of Louis Cruises ships began sailing from Lavrion and Piraeus under the new "Celestyal" name.
- NEWS: Celestyal Olympia will be repositioned to the Persian Gulf from November 2017. The ship will be based in Dubai and offer 3- and 4-night cruises taking in Muscat (Oman), Dohan (Qatar) and Bahrain until April 2018.
- NEWS: The company announced that it will add Samos Island to its 3- and 4-day "Iconic Aegean" itineraries in the Mediterranean. Starting March 2017, Celestyal ships visit either Samos or Kusadasi Turkey, in addition to the line's traditional Eastern Mediterranean ports of call Piraeus-Athens, Mykonos, Patmos, Rhodes, Heraklion, Santorini.
Celestyal cruises to Cuba
The Celestyal Crystal ship started an year-round Caribbean cruise itinerary program with round-trip departures out of Havana Cuba (starting November 21, 2016) and also from Montego Bay Jamaica. The new Caribbean program (December through March) is followed by summer Mediterranean round-trip itineraries out of Greece and Turkey. The line's Cuba operations were formerly branded for the North American market as "Cuba Cruise".
- Celestyal Crystal's Cuban itinerary includes 2 days (overnight stay) in Havana before departure, and visits Maria La Gorda (later replaced by Punta Frances), Santiago de Cuba and Cienfuegos. Departures from Cuba are on Mondays, and from Jamaica - on Fridays.
- In June 2016, the Celestyal company announced adding a new Cuban port of call (Punta Frances) to its 2016-2017 Caribbean itinerary program. The new port replaces Maria La Gorda on the Celestyal Crystal's 7-day itinerary to Cuba. Located on Isla de la Juventud, Punta Frances has nearly 2 miles of white sand beaches.
The revised 7-day Cuban itinerary is operated between November 2016 through the 2017's end. These are all-inclusive deals with embarkation in either Havana or Montego Bay.
- Havana (Tuesday – departure at 5 pm
- Punta Frances (Wednesday – port stay 1 pm - 6 pm)
- Cienfuegos (Thursday – port stay 7 am - 3 pm)
- Montego Bay (Friday – arrival 8 am, departure at 8 pm)
- Santiago de Cuba (Saturday – port stay 8 am - 4 pm)
- Sea day (Sunday)
- Havana (Monday - arrival at 9:30 am)
The current list of passenger shipping lines offering cruises to Cuba in 2017-2018 includes:
- Carnival-fathom (ship MV Adonia, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Royal Caribbean (ship Empress of the Seas, leaving from Miami)
- MSC Cruises (ship MSC Opera, leaving from Havana)
- Oceania Cruises (ships Marina and Regatta) starting in 2017, Cuba circumnavigation, stops in Cienfuegos and Havana, also part of some Panama Canal transition itineraries.
- NCL (ship Norwegian Sky, 4-day itineraries with Havana overnights - starting May 2017.
- Azamara Cruises (ship on Azamara Quest from Miami)
- Compagnie du Ponant (yacht ship Le Ponant, leaving from Miami Florida)
- Thomson Cruises (ship Thomson Dream) 7-day, leaving roundtrip from Jamaica (Montego Bay) to Havana
- Pearl Seas Cruises (ship Pearl Mist, leaving from Fort Lauderdale Florida)
- Lindblad Expeditions (chartered sailing ship MS Panorama II, leaving from Havana)
- Grand Circle Cruise Line (ship MV Clio / ex Tere Moana) one-way from Miami to Havana, or the reverse from Havana to Miami (embarkation/disembarkation in port Cienfuegos).
- International Expeditions (leaving from Havana, charter flights out of Miami)
- Victory Cruise Lines - MS Victory I (former MS Saint Laurent) - fly-cruises from Miami to Havana (home-port Cienfuegos /departures)
- Note: According to the current Cuban law, US citizens of Cuban origin (born in Cuba) are not allowed to visit the island country (including on cruise ships). Regardless of their US citizenship status, Cuban-born Americans were denied booking on cruise itineraries visiting ports in Cuba. However, the situation changed in April 2016, after Carnival Corporation negotiated with the Cuban government for allowing ships with Cuban-born passengers, as such US citizens are allowed to visit the country on USA-Cuba charter flights. The Carnival-fathom line started Miami to Cuba cruises in May 2016.
- Alaska Airlines offers regular nonstop flights to Havana from Los Angeles (California USA). An 80-min ling JetBlue flight from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Havana costs less than USD 100. Previously, air travel from USA to Cuba was thought charter flights only.
Celestyal Cruises (the former Louis Cruises brand) owns and operates the following ships:
- Celestyal Crystal (1980, as Viking Saga, former name Louis Crystal) - offers year-round on round-trip Cuba cruises from Havana and Montego Bay (Jamaica).
- Celestyal Nefeli (1992, as Crown Jewel, former names Cunard Crown Jewel, Superstar Gemini, Vision Star, MS Gemini)
- Celestyal Odyssey (2001, as Olympic Explorer, former names Olympia Explorer, mv Explorer) - now Glory Sea
- Celestyal Olympia (1982, as Song of America, former names Thomson Destiny and Louis Olympia). The ship operates on year-round Mediterranean cruises leaving from Greece (Athens) and Turkey (Kusadasi).
Each of our Celestyal cruise ships schedule pages will help you in planning better your Greek vacations. See all Celestyal cruise dates of departure and compare their tickets prices - to know where, when, for how long and for how much your Celestyal ship will sail.
Celestyal Cruises related cruise news
Celestyal Cruises announced that it will add Samos Island to the 3- and 4-day Iconic Aegean itineraries. Following the evaluation of more...February 16, 2017
The United Arab Emirates' cruise ports of Abu Dhabi and Dubai revealed they are on target to welcome 500,000 and 1 million cruise passengers...November 13, 2016
From a sudy which Knud E Hansen did of mid-size cruise vessels powered by LNG versus HFO come a couple of illustrations that might be protoypes...November 8, 2016
Celestyal Cruises could see a couple of new-builds join its fleet by 2021, according to company's CEO. The "ultimate objective" of Celestyal was new...September 7, 2016
Celestyal Crystal will offer year-round sailings in Cuba from November 2016. Following her third season in Cuba under Cuba Cruise brand, she will be...May 1, 2016
Celestyal Cruises confirmed it would sail year-round in Cuba starting on November 21. Celestyal Cruises, operating under the name Cuba Cruise, has...April 20, 2016
Celestyal Cruises announced it had completed the installation of 43 new balconies on line's Celestyal Crystal. 26 new balconies have been added...December 1, 2015
The Celestyal Cruises brand announced it would re-add a renamed and completely refurbished ship to its fleet, dubbed Celestyal Nefeli. The...September 24, 2015
Celestyal Cruises plans some fleet changes as Celestyal Odyssey moves out at the end of October. The ship will be replaced by Gemini, which according...September 15, 2015
Celestyal Cruises issued a statement following an accident which happened earlier today, as Celestyal Crystal had a collision off the coast of...June 27, 2015
- show more news