Cruise and Maritime Voyages fleet
Review of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
This page has information on Cruise and Maritime Voyages (abbrev CMV) ships schedules and news. Here we offer you Cruise Maritime's line review, company history, CMV ships sailing dates with prices per person, destinations and itineraries information (departure ports, ports of call, itinerary changes).
Headquartered in Essex, United Kingdom, the Cruise Maritime line offers onboard product which is at the lower end of the cruise market. The Cruise and Maritime Voyages passenger shipping company was formed in 2009 and is owned by Global Maritime Group (majority shareholder company). As a product, Cruise and Maritime offers varied itineraries, featuring:
- Child-free (16 years old and over) traditional cruising experience with captain’s welcome and farewell dinners.
- Relatively small ships in scale which means they're capable of travelling to out-of-the-way ports of call, unthinkable to be reached by larger cruise ships.
- Leisurely, peaceful home-from-home on board atmosphere, friendly and attentive service.
- Loyal following - Cruise and Maritime Voyages are popular among both experienced and first-time cruisers.
- As more and more cruisers choose to sail from the UK, CMV brings cruising closer to home with ex-UK 'no fly' cruising holidays. Cruise & Maritime Voyages provides convenient regional departures from eight British ports: Leith, Greenock, Bristol Avonmouth, Rosyth, Liverpool, London Tilbury, Hull and Newcastle Tyne.
- The start of a CMV cruise holiday is a stress-free experience as the line generally sails in the early evening, which means a leisurely start to the holiday. The arrival is in the early morning so passengers can complete in good time their homeward travel arrangements.
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages offers entertainment and enrichment programs created specifically for more mature British passengers. Entertainment is in the form of quizzes, revues, and traditional shows. On board enrichment includes guest speakers such as maritime historians, destination experts, and even a retired detective from New Scotland Yard.
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages was founded by parent company Cruise & Maritime Services International. CMV’s majority shareholder, Global Maritime Group incorporates Global Maritime, Deep Sea Mooring, Deep Sea Installation, Vryhof Anchors and Marine Contracting in an independent company working within maritime and offshore engineering, marine warranty, marine quality assurance, dynamic positioning, mooring and anchors, vessel inspection, as well as installation of offshore structures. Company's staff consists of civil, structural, mechanical and marine engineers, risk analysts and master mariners.
Itinerary of Cruise and Maritime Voyages
The current Cruise and Maritime fleet includes the following vessels (owned and operated under charter):
- mv Astor (1987) - the ship operates in Australia, South Africa, Caribbean, and also offers World Cruise itineraries
- mv Astoria / ms Azores (1948) British Isles, Iceland, Eastern Mediterranean. The ship was renamed in 2015 from "MS Azores". In Spring 2016 starts a new program with Iberia (Spain and Portugal) and UK (British Isles) cruises out of Bristol England.
- ms Columbus / Pacific Pearl - (P&O Australia ship launched in 1988) - joins the fleet in 2017. The new ship operates year-round in Europe leaving from Tilbury-London to Norway Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, British Isles. The ship also offers Transatlantic round-trips from UK to Caribbean. In winter 2017-2018 Columbus will operate a 120-night voyage around the world from Tilbury London.
- ms Magellan (1985) - the ship operates in Europe (Baltic, Norwegian Fjords, British Islands, Iceland), Transatlantic, Caribbean. From 2017 Magellan will be departing out of Newport to pamper with a mini cruise to Dublin, the Fjords and a voyage to European Medieval cities. Magellan will operate a series of voyages to Norway and the Canary islands and a 42-night cruise to Brazil in winter 2017-2018 from London Tilbury.
- ms Marco Polo (1965) - the ship operates in Northern Europe (Baltic, Norway Fjords, British Isles). The ship also offers Transatlantic round-trips from UK to Canada New England. Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) will be offering sailings from Wales from 2017. Marco Polo will be cruising from Cardiff to the Norwegian Fjords, Portugal, Spain, France and River Seine. In winter 2017-2018 Marco Polo will sail to France, Spain and Portugal from Belfast, Bristol and Liverpool. The firsr voyage in 2018 starts on March 31 from Bistol to France.
CMV Itineraries 2018
For 2018, CMV offers "Buy One Get One Free" cruise deals on all summer 2018 itineraries. The promotion was on CMV cruises booked before May 31, 2017. Besides the "Buy One Get One Free" CMV deals, the ships Columbus and Magellan offer a total of 150 twin cabins for solo travellers. These staterooms can be booked with 25% supplement on the double occupancy price.
- The ship Columbus, joining the fleet in June 2017, departs from Tilbury-London throughout 2018.
- The ship Astoria returns to UK departure ports (9 turnaround ports in total), among which Harwich and Cobh-Cork.
- CMV's chaepest fares started from GBP 379 pp (double occupancy) for a 6-night "European Cities" themed voyage.
- To early bookers are issued preview brochures much earlier.
- The new itinerary program is predominantly with no-fly cruise deals.
- Among the new itineraries is Marco Polo's White Sea cruise (visiting Murmansk Russia), Astoria's cruise to Scotland (including lochs and glens) and Magellan's Mediterranean roundtrip cruises from UK. Besides Columbus' "World Cruise" (starting January 2018) are also featured Norwegian Fjords, Scandinavia and Russia, British Isles, Iceland, Canaries and Madeira, Amazon and Caribbean, Northern Lights.
- In 2018, Cruise Maritime offers a choice of 6 multi-generational (as opposed to adults-only) cruises on which passengers can take their kids / grand-kids. Child cruise fares started from GBP 100 pp.
Early booking deals on the Columbus cruise ship offer special prices plus 25% single supplement promotion on booking the ship's 150 single occupancy cabins. Group booking deals provide further additional discounts. The addition of the adults-only Columbus ship will increase the CMV's UK capacity in 2017 by 25%, or with 95,000 passengers.
Cruise Maritime's ship cruises offer a quality product at affordable prices. The CMV cruise line gives travelers the opportunity for a stylish travel cruising vacation from the UK to some of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cruise and Maritime Voyages related cruise news
DSAm (Damen Shiprepair Amsterdam), part of DSC (Damen Shiprepair & Conversion), has completed maintenance works on cruise ships Magellan and...February 8, 2017
Cruise and Maritime Voyages announced plans to commence voyages from south Wales. Newport and Cardiff will be the Welsh departure ports. Chris...February 1, 2017
The British independent cruise line Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) will be offering sailings from Wales from 2017. Marco Polo will be...December 8, 2016
Plan A Cruise Month, the better and bigger successor to National Cruise Week, started on Saturday, October 1. Travel agents and cruise...October 3, 2016
The newest addition to the fleet of Cruise & Maritime Voyages, mv Columbus (still Pacific Pearl), will make a 121-night world cruise January...August 19, 2016
Astoria, the oldest ocean-going passenger ship in the world, will leave the fleet of the British cruise line Cruise & Maritime Voyages in 2017...July 3, 2016
Cruise and Maritime Voyages announced that line's 600-passenger ship Astor would return to Australia for her fourth season from 2016 October through...August 11, 2015
- show more news