Review of SeaDream
SeaDream Yacht Club is a privately-owned cruise line company headquartered in Norway (Oslo). It was established in 2002 by Larry Pimentel and Atle Brynestad. Atle is an Norwegian industrialist and also founder of the top-luxury line Seabourn Cruises.
One of the industry's small cruise lines, SeaDream delivers a luxurious, yet unpretentious "yacht cruise" experience in destinations, such as the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Asia-Pacific, northern Europe. Itineraries are quite flexible and allow the captain to linger in a port of call if passengers wish so, or to depart early in case rain spoils plans. Following the purchase of two luxury cruise ships (operated before that by Cunard), the new all-inclusive line promoted its innovative style of cruising as "yacht-like". Since its first day of operation, formal wear code is not required as the onboard dress code is officially "resort-casual".
Highlights of the line's luxury cruising experience are the delicious cuisine, an outstanding service, 5-star luxury hotel amenities, sophisticated enrichment program, exotic itineraries to remote ports where other cruise ships can be rarely seen. SeaDream Yacht Club is one of the most all-inclusive cruise lines in the world. Its deals are inclusive of gratuities, all beverages (including alcohol and cocktails), all shore excursions and tours, also the equipment at the watersports marina platform, However, passengers have to pay extra for Spa treatments and the super premium liquor brands at the bars.
The following YouTube video is an official SeaDream release about the line's "top luxury yachting" experience. It shows all the yachts' best features, including suites as configurations/furniture and cabin amenities, all the sophisticated relaxation, entertainment and dining options on the ship, along with the onboard facilities and activities. SeaDream cruise passengers are sophisticated, laid-back, well-heeled and well-traveled. Ages range largely, staring from guests in their 30s. Solo travelers and occasional large groups of family and friends are not uncommon, though couples predominate.
Follows the list of the SeaDream Yacht Club ships and their deck plans (in links).
All meals on the yachts are open-seating, with many tables for two available. This makes SeaDream a great choice for romantically inclined ship travelers. Weather permitting, dining is available on the yacht's open deck. Expensive Champagnes are poured generously. There is a weekly Champagne Splash party with caviar. Another unique offer on the yachts is the "sleeping under the stars" experience. It includes either an 8-person bed (on ship's open deck forward) or a double Balinese lounger facing the sea (aft of the "Top of the Yacht Bar").
Itinerary of SeaDream
During season 2017 (May through October), SeaDream Yacht Club offers 30+ itineraries in Mediterranean (Europe). The company's new itinerary program includes some of the region's most secluded destinations, visiting ports so small that only its luxury mega-yachts are able to enter.
- SeaDreaam offers overnights in Hvar Croatia, with the option for seakayaking down the coastline or take an independent hiking tour up to the Hvar Fortress.
- Transition through the Corinth Canal as part of the Piraeus-Athens to Venice itinerary (August 5 – 14, 2017) and Venice to Piraeus-Athens (itinerary August 30 – September 9, 2017).
- Stops along the Adriatic Sea's Dalmatian Coast, including fjord of Kotor, Montenegro, Dubrovnik.
- The wine-themed cruise - 11-day Civitavecchia-Rome to Venice (itinerary August 19 – 30, 2017) features the wines Ca’del Bosco and Allegrin, with onboard hosted Wine Maker’s dinner.
- Both SeaDream yachts are equipped with wave runners, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and other watersports activities, all of which are launched directly from the ship's Marina platform.
- The line's popular crew-led shore excursions are available in numerous ports of call. Additionally, in select ports, the ship's chef welcomes passengers to assist him in collecting fresh local seafood and produce for the evening meal.
In 2017, for the first time ever, SeaDream Yacht Club announced a total of 7 wine-themed cruises. All itineraries are in Europe (Mediterranean Sea) and with length raging between 7- 11-days.
- On each itinerary passengers enjoyed select premium wine tastings from renowned European wineries - like Tenuta San Guido (Tuscany, Italy), Champagne Taittinger (France) and Chateau Gassier (France).
- At Winemaker’s Dinners, the ship's Executive Chef serves a distinctive menu to enhance the wine pairing event (wine-by-the-glass package at extra cost). Among the guest winemakers were Philipp Wittman, Marilisa Allegrini, Francesco Mazzei.
- Exclusive land tours were themed to Mediterranean wines, foods and cultures. Among the themed excursions and wine tasting were Sorrentino Winery (Boscotrecase, Italy) and Castello delle Regine (San Liberato, Italy).
Below is the full listing of SeaDream’s "Wine Cruise" itineraries for 2017:
- Lisbon to Barcelona, April 27–May 6, 2017. 9-day cruise including boutique ports of Gibraltar, Portimao, Puerto Banus, Cartagena, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca, Menorca.
- Rome round trip, June 10-17, 2017. 7-day cruise including ports of Bonifacio overnight, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Capri.
- Rome round trip, June 17–24, 2017. 7-day cruise including ports of Portoferraio, Portovenere, Marina di Carrara, Portofino, Saint Florent, Porto Vecchio.
- Rome to Venice, August 19–30, 2017. 11-day cruise calling on ports of Capri, Amalfi overnight, Positano, Taormina, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, Rovinj.
- Athens (Piraeus) to Rome, September 23–30, 2017. 7-day cruise calling on Hydra, Corinth Canal, Itea, Taormina, Amalfi overnight, Capri.
- Rome to Nice, September 30–October 7, 2017. 7-day cruise calling on Porto Ercole, Portoferraio, Livorno, Portovenere, Portofino, Monte Carlo.
- Nice to Malaga, October 7–16, 2017. 9-day cruise calling at St. Tropez, Sanary-sur-Mer, Sète, Cassis, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Cartagena.
SeaDream related cruise news
SeaDream Yacht Club announced their new itineraries around Cuba for Spring 2019. Passengers aboard SeaDream II mega-yacht will depart...September 5, 2017
- show more news