AIDAvita deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the AIDAvita cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on AIDAvita staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
ms AIDAvita (built 2002, last refurbished in 2017) is the line’s second vessel, and one of the three smallest AIDA cruise ships – together with AIDAaura (sister ship) and AIDAcara (the line’s first ship). The AIDA Vita ship’s owner is Costa Cruises (Carnival Corporation’s brand line, under the management of Carnival UK /group of campanies). The ship’s operator is the German cruise line AIDA Kreutzfahrten.
AIDAvita cruise ship deck plan has a total of 633 cabins for 1266 passengers (max occupancy is 1300 guests) served by 420 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger accessible decks (out of 12), with 3 restaurants, 5 bars and lounges (no casino), 1 swimming pool, 3 jacuzzies, 6 elevators, dining areas (26260 ft2 / 2440 m2), sundeck areas (37135 ft2 / 3450 m2), Spa & Fitness areas (12920 ft2 / 1200 m2).
Complimentary dining options (included in AIDAvita cruise prices) are the two buffets Markt and Calypso, and the Pool Grill. At additional charge is the reservations-only Rossini restaurant (with waiter service). At the ship’s buffet restaurants, wine and beer are complimentary for lunch and dinner.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, AIDA cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
AIDAvita deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (March 25 through April 4) at Lloyd Werft (Bremerhaven, Germany) resulted in the following changes and upgrades:
- (deck 10) The old Waikiki Lounge (teen club) was transformed into Beach Lounge (offering cruise itinerary-themed food and drinks). Seaside Lounges (the lounge's outdoor terrace) was equipped with windbreaks and heaters.
- The outdoor areas of Anytime Bar (deck 10) and Ocean Bar (deck 7) were refurbished with new furniture.
- (deck 10) The pool deck area was fully modernized and redesigned for more space.
- (deck 10) Pool Grill bar's seating area was redesigned. The bar now offers typical American cuisine (burgers with wedges, bagels, wraps and other fastfood items).
- (deck 8) The photo shop was expanded and the ship's onboard photo services were upgraded.
- (deck 8) The Rossini restaurant was transformed into "Selection Restaurant" - offering regional (cruise itinerary-based) specialties and delicacies.
- Public spaces (area sized approx 2500 m2 / 27,000 ft2) received new carpeting.
- A total of 9000 L of paint were used for the ship's exterior. Additionally, regular safety and general maintenance works were done.
AIDAvita deck plan changes after the 2011 drydock refurbishment included the new Waikiki Lounge (teen lounge, forward-portside on Deck 10) and a new Art Gallery (Deck 8). The ship’s fitness equipment was renewed. The Anytime Disco (Deck 10) was completely redesigned.
AIDAvita deck plans are property of AIDA Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.