Review of Boudicca deck 6 (Lounge-Pool-Dining)
- The Boudicca ship has three main dining room restaurants, named Tintagel (portside), Four Seasons (starboard) and the smallest is The Heligan Room (portside, connected with the Tintagel Restaurant). These restaurants offer open-seating buffet Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-2 pm). Dinner is waiter-served, with 2 fixed seatings (at 6:15 pm and 8 pm). During Breakfast-Lunch times there is an additional a la carte menu for orders through waiters. Menus are the same in the three dining rooms, and the cusine is British. Dinner menus feature main dishes that reflect the Boudicca itinerary/destination or the theme of the evening, and offer 2 appetizers, 3 soups, 2 salads, 4 entrees (plus 1 vegetarian), 2-3 main dishes (incl 1 pasta and a “Dish of the Day”), desserts (incl 1 sugar-free, also cheese boards and pudding).
- The Heligan Room also doubles as Arts & Crafts Room for various classes and workshops.
- The Secret Garden Cafe is a small, buffet-style restaurant with open-seating for Breakfast (7-9 am) and Lunch (12:30-2:30 pm). Dinners are also open-seating (on most nights). The Garden Cafe offers themed dinner buffets (different cuisine specialties), Afternoon Tea (served with cakes and light sandwiches) and Supper Club (late-night sandwiches, burgers, sweets, tea/coffee).
- The Iceni Room
- During the 2013 refurbishment, the Neptune Bar was transformed into the line’s feature Morning Light Pub. The new Pub is traditionally decorated (many artworks reflect the Fred Olsen’s history). The Pub is furnitured with leather sofas and chairs, and offers live evening entertainment and great starboard views via floor-ceiling windows.
- Neptune Lounge is the ship’s theater (capacity 400 seats) with a stage for live music and show productions (offered twice-nightly). The evening program features band music and dance shows (incl by the Boudicca Orchestra), cabarets, magic and comedy acts. During the day, this Lounge serves the Fred Olsen line’s enrichment program, with various Boudicca itinerary and ports of call related lectures (guest speakers), seminars, multimedia presentations, dance classes (sea days only).
- Poolside Cafe was a buffet-style dining area by the pools. During Boudicca’s 2013 refurbishment, the area was remodeled into the new The Grill restaurant. The Grill is a specialty restaurant (at surcharge PP), offering al-fesco dining (weather permitting) for Breakfast, Lunch (incl fast food) and Dinner.
- The Swimming Pool Area has 1 large pool (heated), 2 whirlpools, 1 exercise pool (Swimex pool for one person to swim against a water jet), and a sunbathing area with loungers, tables and chairs.
Secret Garden Cafe (MS Boudicca)
Heligan Room (MS Boudicca)
Tintagel Restaurant (MS Boudicca)
Four Seasons Restaurant (MS Boudicca)
The Grill Restaurant (MS Boudicca)
Lounges on MS Boudicca