Caribbean Princess deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Caribbean Princess deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Princess Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Caribbean Princess cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Caribbean Princess staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Caribbean Princess cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1556 cabins for 3082 passengers served by 1200 crew/staff. The ship has 15 passenger accessible decks, 12 restaurants and bars, 6 lounges, 5 swimming pools (+ 2 splash), 7 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
Passenger-use launderettes (laundromats) are located on decks 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 14. These are self-service laundry facilities with ironing boards and detergent being provided.
Caribbean Princess deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
During the ship's 2017 drydock refurbishment (March 25 - April 5, done in Freeport Bahamas) resulted in the following changes:
- New kids area ("Camp Discovery" / kids and teen center) was added aft on deck 17.
- Pool deck's MUTS screen ("Movies Under the Stars" / 850-seat outdoor movie theater) was upgraded.
- The number of interconnecting cabins (for families) was increased with additional 87 pairs.
- (Lido Deck 15) "Horizon Court" was replaced by "World Fresh Marketplace". The ship's new buffet restaurant now has new decor, improved layout and more food options. Breakfast includes 24-hour cereal station, designer pancake station, hot cereal choices (like shrimp & grits and polenta porridge). Lunch includes hand-crafted sandwiches, regionally-inspired soups, wide selection of meats (sausages, hams, roasted). Dinner includes family comfort foods, PB&J bar ("Peanut Butter and Jelly"). Nighttime buffet offerings include live-action cooking station (stir-fry, customized pasta, salads).
- (Lido Deck 15) the ship now has 2 casual specialty restaurants formed from the old "Cafe Caribe". Both restaurants are designed for families with kids. The first at-fee restaurant ("Planks BBQ") serves family-style meat planks (ribs, beef, sausages, chicken) plus sides (fries, chili, coleslaw, charred toast, dill pickles). Dinner here is served and costs USD 12 pp. Free buffet-style breakfast and lunch here include customizable breakfast bowls, signature soup, fresh-made salads, fork & knife sandwiches. The second at-fee restaurant ("Steamers Seafood" offers steamers with regionally sourced seafood (Black and Blue Mussels, Scallops and Sausage, Classic Clams, Crab-stuffed Flounder). Dinner is served and costs USD 12 pp. Free buffet-style breakfast and lunch choices include egg dishes and ramen bowls.
- Following the 2017 reurbishment, the ship's pool deck (15) offers 4 outdoor dining options. "The Salty Dog Grill" (formerly "Trident Grill") offers “The Ernesto” burger (best at sea), other specialty beef burgers (with handmade patties and buns), also Street Tacos (with grilled chipotle-lime chicken or roasted sweet potato, corn tortillas), fries and classic hot dogs. "Slice Pizzeria" (formerly "Prego Pizzeria") offers Neapolitan-style pizzas, Deep Dish Focaccia (with marinara, meatballs, cheese), California Artisanal Toast, Sliced Stromboli (calzone filled with deli meats and cheese). "Coffee & Cones" (formerly "Scoops Bar") offers gourmet ice cream sandwiches, free ice cream cones, specialty coffees and teas. "THE MIX" (formerly "Blackbeard’s Bar") / poolside drinks bar) was updated and redesigned.
- The specialty Italian Trattoria restaurant Sabatini’s (formerly "SHARE by Curtis Stone", on Promenade Deck 7) was redesigned, debuting a new menu with antipasti and handmade pasta dishes by celebrity chef Angelo Auriana, Sabatini’s new menu was implemented fleetwide in 2017. Angelo Auriana is an Executive Chef and partner in the Los Angeles' Italian restaurants "The Factory Kitchen" and "Officine BRERA". Chef Auriana's dishes are based on using old world grains (like buckwheat and durum wheat) giving them the protein strength necessary to keep the house-made pasta's shape. He also uses numerous non-traditional herbs (like mints and marjoram).
- All stateroom beds (a total of 3200 units) were replaced with the company's signature "Princess Luxury Beds”.
- Note: The new new Ocean Medallions are scheduled for summer 2018.
Caribbean Princess deck plans are property of Princess Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.