Carnival Inspiration deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Inspiration deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Inspiration cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Inspiration staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Inspiration (built 1996, last refurbished in 2016 /Fun Ship 2.0) is the sixth of all eight Fantasy-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Elation, Fantasy, Imagination and Paradise, and also the “balcony ships” Ecstasy, Fascination and Sensation.
Carnival Inspiration cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1026 staterooms for 2052 passengers (max capacity is 2658 guests), served by 920 crew/staff, with 3 swimming pools and 6 jacuzzies. The ship has 10 passenger decks, 12 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 14 elevators.
Carnival Inspiration decks with passenger cabins have a total of 54 Suites, 564 Oceanviews, 408 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50), no dry-cleaning.
Carnival Inspiration deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2016 drydock refurbishment (January 18 - February 5) done in Freeport Bahamas included:
- (Lido Deck 10) Guy’s Burger Joint was added (complimentary poolside dining venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries )
- (Lido Deck 10) BlueIguana Cantina was added (complimentary poolside Mexican eatery for fresh-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, with salsa bar and a variety of toppings). Also here was added the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Alchemy Bar was added (Carnival's “cocktail pharmacy” lounge with professional mixologists and made-to-rder drinks). Also here was added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, serving Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red /draught beer).
- (Promenade Deck 9) Cherry On Top was added (bulk candy store, also selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo apparel, gifts, toys)).
- (Verandah Deck 11) the old Camp Carnival kids complex was redesigned and transformed into Camp Ocean. Also here (aft) was installed Carnival Waterworks (aquapark with Splash Zone, 2 mini racing slides for kids, and the Twister Waterslide).
- Various technical enhancements were also implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
- Routine maintenance works included new hull coating.
- During refurbishment 2016, the crew area was also renovated.
Carnival Corporation's "Ocean Medallions"
Carnival Cruise Line's "Ocean Medallion" is a new generation wearable technology allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities. The new technology will be implemented on all Carnival Corporation ships in the period 2017-2018.
The medallion is a small disk-shaped device (weight 51 grams, size of an US quarter dollar) that can be sent (for free) to every customer of the company. The medallion stores all the information provided by its owner - online uploaded, as well as real-time uploaded (during the cruise or whenever). It can be weared around the wrist, around the neck or loosely. No matter where it is, the medallion is always on and working.
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then Carnival Cruise Line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallions' best features is that they allow streamline embarkation/debarkation in each of the ports along the cruise itinerary, also cruise ship and airport transfers (meet & greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.
- For implementing this wireless technology, all Carnival Corporation ships are scheduled to undergo revamping for installing the required network of sensors and computing devices. The company's Bahamian private island cruise ports (Princess Cays, and Half Moon Cay) are also wired to serve the medallions, plus some of the largest US cruise port terminals and airports.
- The first cruise ship serving the Ocean Medallions will be Regal Princess (November 2017). Beside Carnival ships, the new technology also serves customers on vessels of Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O (UK and Australia fleets), and Seabourn.
Carnival Inspiration deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.