Carnival Magic deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Magic deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Magic cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Magic staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Magic (built 2011, last refurbished in 2016 / Fun Ship 2.0) is the second in a series of all 3 Carnival cruise ships in the Dream-class – together with Breeze and Dream, and the new Vista (2016) and Horizon (2018). To the same class belongs also the Costa Cruises ship Costa Diadema.
Carnival Magic cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1845 staterooms for 3690 passengers (max capacity is 4724 guests), served by 1386 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable roof), 8 jacuzzies (2 of which cantilevered), 18 elevators.
Carnival Magic decks with passenger cabins have a total of 54 Suites, 851 Balconies, 221 Oceanviews, 719 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
Carnival Magic deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the scheduled 2016 drydock refurbishment (February 21 to March 5) includes:
- (On Promenade deck 5) was added the Alchemy Bar (cocktail pharmacy with resident mixologists). Also here, the Lanai Oceanside Barbeque was replaced by the new fast-food bar named “Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse”. The bar is complimentary and via partnership with Guy Fieri (running also the “Guy’s Burger Joint” on Lido deck). Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is an open-air restaurant for a variety of BBQ favorites. The menu features pork butt, blue ribbon chicken, sliced smoked beef, Guy Fieri's traditional sides and gourmet burgers, variety of BBQ sauces, hot sauce bar. Signature menu items are named Mac Daddy Mac'n Cheese, Old Skool Potato Salad, Scratch-Made Slaw, Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey, Molasses Baked Beans with Bacon and Burnt Ends.
- (On Lido deck 10) were added 2 new poolside eateries (both complimentary) – Guy’s Burger Joint (fast-food bar) and Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican eatery). Other new venues on Lido deck are BlueIguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers) and the Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary).
- (On Lido deck 10) were added RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, plus the Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red (draught beer).
- Among the various technical enhancements implemented are shoreside power capabilities and new hull coating.
Carnival Corporation's "Ocean Medallions"
Carnival Cruise Line's "Ocean Medallion" is a new generation wearable technology allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities. The new technology will be implemented on all Carnival Corporation ships in the period 2017-2018.
The medallion is a small disk-shaped device (weight 51 grams, size of an US quarter dollar) that can be sent (for free) to every customer of the company. The medallion stores all the information provided by its owner - online uploaded, as well as real-time uploaded (during the cruise or whenever). It can be weared around the wrist, around the neck or loosely. No matter where it is, the medallion is always on and working.
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then Carnival Cruise Line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallions' best features is that they allow streamline embarkation/debarkation in each of the ports along the cruise itinerary, also cruise ship and airport transfers (meet & greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.
- For implementing this wireless technology, all Carnival Corporation ships are scheduled to undergo revamping for installing the required network of sensors and computing devices. The company's Bahamian private island cruise ports (Princess Cays, and Half Moon Cay) are also wired to serve the medallions, plus some of the largest US cruise port terminals and airports.
- The first cruise ship serving the Ocean Medallions will be Regal Princess (November 2017). Beside Carnival ships, the new technology also serves customers on vessels of Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O (UK and Australia fleets), and Seabourn.
Carnival Magic deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.