Review of Carnival Magic deck 12 (Sports-WaterWorks)
- The fore-located Cloud 9 Spa Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) is the lower level of the ship’s wellness complex. On this level are located the Gymnasium (complimentary, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Fitness Studio (for classes), Fitness Desk (assistance), Spa Reception, separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (1 rain head above, 4 side). Teenagers (12-17 yo) are allowed to use the wellness facilities (fitness/spa) only when accompanied by an adult. Daily, at the Spotlight Lounge (aft on Promenaded Deck) are scheduled complimentary health seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty) themed on aging, posture, detox, dieting, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens).
- Some of the fitness classes are complimentary (aerobics, stretching, abs, body conditioning, Tai Chi) and some are at fee pp (Yoga, Pilates, spinning, boot camp, indoor cycling, personal training sessions). Follows the list of offered on Carnival cruises fitness classes (lead by professional trainers). In brackets are shown duration in minutes and cost (prices in USD pp) – Personal Training (60 min $85 / 3 courses $210), Nutritional Consultation (60 min $85), Metabolism Test (30 min $35), Boot Camp (4-day body sculpturing $120). Priced at $12 pp are Tour de Cycle (indoor cycling, 45 min), Pathway to Yoga (45 min) and Pathway to Pilates (45 min).
- Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) consisting of Splash Zone (fountains, water spray cannons, jets, splash pools), DrainPipe (tunnel slide ending with a major swirl), Power Drencher (300-gallon / 1135 litres tipping bucket that reverses poles to dump its huge amount of water at regular intervals), 2 mini racing slides for kids, Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 312 ft / 95 m long /entrance on deck 15). To ride the water-slides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision.
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema for movies, concerts, sport events, with stage for live performances, games, demos, etc)
- SportSquare complex – with outdoor relaxation area, Sports Park Bar, 18-hole mini golf course (on 2 levels), “The Skycourse” (2 rope courses, complimentary), Ping-Pong Tables, multisport combined court (full-size sports court for basketball, volleyball, football)
- Sea Dogs is a hot-dog stand open on seadays only (between 11 am – 4 pm, complimentary). This hotdog-shaped cart is positioned within the SportSquare’s relaxation area. The SeaDog stand offers 1/4 pound (110 gr) all-beef hotdogs with traditional toppings (mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, onions, relish).
- Jogging Track (10 laps = 1 ml)
- Spa Main Deck cruise cabins from 12,201 to 12,044, of which 4S – Cloud 9 Spa Interior rooms, 8S – Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms.
Top deck aerial view (swimming pool, Seaside Theatre, Carnival WaterWorks, SkyCourse)
Carnival WaterWorks park with slides
SkyCourse (mini golf course)
SportSquare complex (aft-located sports court)