Carnival Sunshine deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Carnival Sunshine deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Carnival Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Carnival Sunshine cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Carnival Sunshine staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Carnival Sunshine (built 1996 as “Carnival Destiny”, renamed “Sunshine” after a major refit and refurbishment in 2013, last refurbished in 2016 May) is in the list of newest Carnival cruise ships, along with Breeze (2012), Magic (2011) and Dream(2009). And this is the proper place to mention the leaders in this list – the new cruise ships Carnival Vista (2016) and Carnival Horizon (2018).
As passenger vessel class, the Sunshine ship is (Carnival Destiny was) the first of all three Carnival Cruise Lines Destiny-class ships – together with Triumph and Victory, and the Costa Cruises ships Fortuna and Magica. Now she belongs to the unique Sunshine-class.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1503 staterooms for 3002 passengers (max capacity is 3758 guests), served by 1150 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 10 elevators.
Carnival Sunshine decks with passenger cabins have a total of 55 Suites, 508 Balconies, 342 Oceanviews, 586 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines are coinless (can be operated using S&S cards only). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
Carnival Destiny (Sunshine) deck plan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The list of Carnival Destiny deck plan changes after the 2013 drydock refurbishment (Destiny-Sunshine ship transformation) in Italy includes:
- “Ji Ji”/Asian, “Fat Jimmy’s”/barbecue, “Cucina del Capitano”, “Fahrenheit 555/steakhouse”, “JavaBlue Cafe”, “Shake Spot”, “Guy’s Burger”, “BlueIguana Cantina”/Mexican, “Seaday Brunch”, “The Comfort Kitchen”/Lido, “Havana Bar”/Lido, “Sunshine Bar”, “Alchemy Bar”, “RedFrog Pub”, “Cherry On Top”, “Punchliner”, “Hasbro”
- 3-deck “Serenity Retreat”
- “Carnival Cloud 9 Spa”
- renovated “SportSquare”
- “Waterworks”/AquaPark, “Camp Carnival” (new design)
- newly added passenger rooms – 182, of which 96 spa staterooms
- USD 155 million was the total cost of the 49-day drydock refit that made the old Carnival Destiny ship perfectly reborn into the new Sunshine.
Carnival Corporation's "Ocean Medallions"
Carnival Cruise Line's "Ocean Medallion" is a new generation wearable technology allowing passengers access to "virtual concierge" services and amenities. The new technology was implemented on all Carnival Corporation ships in the period 2017-2018.
The medallion is a small disk-shaped device (weight 51 grams, size of an US quarter dollar) that can be sent (for free) to every customer of the company. The medallion stores all the information provided by its owner - online uploaded, as well as real-time uploaded (during the cruise or whenever). It can be weared around the wrist, around the neck or loosely. No matter where it is, the medallion is always on and working.
- When you do cruise booking, you establish online your basic vacation profile (likes, dislikes, onboard and ashore preferences - such as interactive gaming, gambling, culinary, recreational, entertainment, etc). Then Carnival Cruise Line mails you the medallion engraved with your name on it. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communication) technology.
- One of the medallions' best features is that they allow streamline embarkation/debarkation in each of the ports along the cruise itinerary, also cruise ship and airport transfers (meet & greet), quick luggage identification and delivery straight to the stateroom. This avoids all the hassles usually encountered at cruise terminals. You simply board the ship, with the Ocean Medallion having all the needed information about you and your booking.
- Other services provided via the Ocean Medallion are all kinds of onboard purchases (shops, bars and specialty restaurants, Wi-Fi Internet and beverage packages, photos, beauty salon and spa treatments), making reservations (dining, spa, etc), also booking shore excursions and tours.
- The Ocean Medallion also allows checking out onboard restaurant and bar menus, but additionally allows placing orders for delivery to any place on the ship (stateroom, open decks, casino, theater, lounges, etc).
- Beside serving as a "cruise ticket", the medallion also doubles as cabin key (keycard) as it opens cabin doors.
- Ocean Medallions have no on/off buttons or navigation menus, and don't require charging. The medallion additionally gives access to the Ocean Compass ("virtual concierge") via mobile electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop). Ocean Compass is also accessible through the in-cabin infotainment system (interactive TV), via onboard and cruise terminal located digital kiosks, and via the interactive LED screens throughout the ship.
- Ocean Medallions are part of a local (shipboard) system, thus no extra fees are charged for using these devices.
- For implementing this wireless technology, all Carnival Corporation ships are scheduled to undergo revamping for installing the required network of sensors and computing devices. The company's Bahamian private island cruise ports (Princess Cays, and Half Moon Cay) are also wired to serve the medallions, plus some of the largest US cruise port terminals and airports.
- Beside Carnival ships, the new "Ocean Medallion" technology also serves customers on vessels of Costa, Cunard, Holland America, P&O (UK and Australia fleets) and Seabourn.
Carnival Sunshine deck plans are property of Carnival Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.