Review of Carnival Vista deck 12 (Spa-Sports-WaterWorks)
- The fore-located Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) is the lower level of the ship’s wellness complex. On this level are located the Gymnasium (complimentary, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Fitness Studio (for classes), Flywheel (cycling studio), Thermal Suite (chambers), VIP Suite (private massage room with Large Whirlpool), Spa Reception, separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (1 rain head above, 4 side). Teenagers (12-17 yo) are allowed to use the wellness facilities (fitness/spa) only when accompanied by an adult. ZSPA (teen spa treatments for teenager 12-17 yo) include facials, massages, scrubs, manicures/pedicures, hair styling-coloring-cutting. To utilize the Cloud 9 Spa facilities (treatment rooms, Thermal Suite, VIP Large Whirlpool) passengers must be at least 18 yo. They should wear bathing suits during massages and wraps. Daily, at the Ocean Plaza Lounge (aft on Promenaded Deck) are scheduled complimentary health seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty) themed on aging, posture, detox, dieting, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens).
- The Thermal Suite consists of 6 heat therapy chambers – Tepidarium (relaxation room with heated loungers /ergonomically shaped, 38 C / 100 F), Laconium (dry heat bath, 55-65 C / 131-149 F), Aroma Steam Bath (aromatic steam grotto, 40-50 C / 104-112 F), Oriental Steam Bath (aka Caldarium, high humidity heat, 40-50 C / 104-112 F), Hammam Chamber (Turkish bath, 45 C / 113 F), Infrared Heat Chamber (mild radiation heating system). Thermal Suite facilities offer unlimited access to passengers booked in Carnival Vista Spa rooms. Depending on itinerary length, full-cruise Thermal Suite passes are priced as follows – 5-day ($119 pp), 6-day ($139 pp), 7-day ($169 pp), 8-day ($189 pp). Currently, day-passes (priced $40 pp) are not available.
- Some fitness classes are complimentary (aerobics, stretching, abs, body conditioning, Tai Chi) and some are at fee pp (Yoga, Pilates, spinning, boot camp, indoor cycling, personal training sessions). Follows the list of offered on Carnival cruises fitness classes (lead by professional trainers). In brackets are shown duration in minutes and cost (prices in USD pp) – Personal Training (60 min $85 / 3 courses $210), Nutritional Consultation (60 min $85), Metabolism Test (30 min $35), Boot Camp (4-day body sculpturing $120). Priced at $12 pp are Tour de Cycle (indoor cycling, 45 min), Pathway to Yoga (45 min) and Pathway to Pilates (45 min).
- Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) which is also the is the fleet’s largest water park ever constructed. The aqua park consists of Splash Zone (30 water attractions – fountains, water spray cannons, plus 2 mini racing slides for kids), Power Drencher (300-gallon / 1135 litres tipping bucket that reverses poles to dump its huge amount of water at regular intervals), Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 300 ft / 91 m long) and the Carnival fleet’s longest “Kaleid-O-Slide” (455 ft / 139 m long enclosed tube slide with 1- and 2-person rafts, kaleidoscopic visual effects). To ride the water-slides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision.
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema for movies, concerts, sport events, with stage for live performances, games, demos, etc)
- The Clubhouse & Bar
- SkyGreens (mini golf course)
- The SportSquare sports complex (served by the Sports Bar) has an outdoor relaxation area, an indoor club-style venue (The Clubhouse), SkyGreens (18-hole mini golf course /on 2 levels), Ping-Pong Tables, and a multisport combined court (full-size court for basketball, volleyball, football).
- Sea Dogs is a hot-dog stand open on seadays only (between 11 am – 4 pm, complimentary). This hotdog-shaped cart is positioned within the SportSquare’s relaxation area. The SeaDog stand offers 1/4 pound (110 gr) all-beef hotdogs with traditional toppings (mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, onions, relish).
- SkyTrack / Jogging Track (10 laps = 1 ml)
- SkyFitness (outdoor gym)
- Spa Deck cruise cabins from 12201 to 12221, of which 4S – Cloud 9 Spa Interior rooms, 8S – Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms.
Carnival WaterWorks park with slides
SkyCourse (ropes course) and mini golf
SportSquare complex (aft-located sports court)