Review of Celebrity Beyond deck 16 (The Retreat-Magic Carpet)
- The Retreat Sundeck
- The Retreat deck area is served by The Retreat Pool Bar (outdoor).
- Designed by British architect Tom Wright, the pool deck, referred to also as Resort Deck, boasts 2-story windows and chaise lounges facing out to the ocean. The large swimming pool is flanked by 2 "martini glass" Jacuzzis overlooking the deck below and sculptural trees. The Resort Deck also features 6 private, for-fee, oversized cabanas.
- The Rooftop Garden, situated not far from the Resort Deck, is a spot combining the well known top-deck Lawn Club on line's Solstice-class ships with Rooftop Terrace, popular on line's Millennium-class ships. This unique area is filled with live greenery and sculptures which double as seats for onboard musical performers. The Rooftop Garden hosts yoga, various games and activities during the day. At night, passengers can benefit from live music and Celebrity's "A Taste of Film," pairing movies and dining.
- The Rooftop Garden Grill is a for-fee alternative eatery within the Rooftop Garden. During the day it serves gourmet burgers and transform into a chic barbecue joint at night.
- Forward on Deck 16 are located the upper levels of the 2-story Edge Villas (cruise staterooms from 15100 to 15106). Here are also the Villas' large-sized private balconies.
- Power Walking / Jogging Track (continues from deck 15 below)
The starboard-located "Magic Carpet" is a glass-roofed, cantilevered platform designed as a panoramic outdoor venue. It has capacity 90 seats and features comfortable seating, full-service bar, stage for live music performances. The Magic Carpet lounge bar is mobile (like a large elevator), moving up and down 13 decks. Magic Carpet also serves as tender embarkation area. In the evenings, the Magic Carpet stops on Deck 16 to offer the "Dinner on the Edge" dining experience. When it stops on Deck 14 (in front the cabanas), it becomes a pool deck extension. When it stops on Deck 5, it serves as an alfresco dining appendix to the ship's main dining room restaurant.
"Destination Getaway" is Magic Carpet's dedicated embarkation point when the platform is positioned at its lowest level.