Review of Disney Magic deck 5 (Kids)
- Disney Oceaneer Club (open between 9 am - 12 midnight) is a kids-only complex of 4 themed playrooms for kids 3-12 yo. The rooms are themed after different Disney movies and feature supervised activities like Puzzle Playtime and Bartleby the Bookmaker (storytelling and bookmaking). The 4 kids playrooms are: Andy’s Room (“Toy Story” movie-themed, has Slinky Dog slide, Mr Potato Head, Hamm), MARVEL’s Avengers Academy (interactive room for Marvel superheroes- special missions, training, large LCD screen), Pixie Hollow (Tinkerbell movie-themed, dress-up parties, storytelling, teapot house) and Mickey Mouse Club (ear-shaped tables, toys, games, Goofy Gears wall game).
- Disney Oceaneer Lab (open between 9 am - 12 midnight) is a kids-only complex (for children 3-12 yo) with large flat TV, fun experiments, culinary classes, Animator’s Studio (Disney animation workshops), Craft Studio (arts-crafts activities), Captain’s Workshop (Internet computers and Navigator Simulators / multiplayer gaming stations).
- Flounder’s Reef Nursery (for infants and toddlers / 3 months to 3 yo) is at surcharges (fees per hour apply) and advance reservations are required.
- Buena Vista Theatre (capacity 268 seats, movie premieres and 3D films, with Dolby Surround 7.1 and Dolby 3D systems; also hosts special guests lectures. On Marvel at Sea Days, the Buena Vista Theatre is all Avengers. Whenever a movie production company owned by Disney has a theatrical release, Magic passengers can see it at the same time.)
- Service boats (20 lifeboats, 4 tender boats)
- Cruise cabins from 5000 to 5650, of which Interior cabins (categories 11B – Standard; 10A – Deluxe), Oceanview cabins (category 09A – Deluxe), Oceanview with Veranda cabins (7A – Deluxe with Navigator’s Verandah; 5C and 6A – Deluxe).
On Deck 5 are located 6 staterooms (plus 2 on Deck 6) that are oceanview but can be booked as "Category 10 inside". Their views are from obstructed porthole windows. The obstructied view is by the canisters holding liferafts. Deck 5's "Secret Porthole cabins" are located near the "Flounder’s Reef Nursery" and "Buena Vista Theater". These staterooms also benefit less foot traffic and noises. For comparison, most Category 10 cabins are without windows and located on lower decks (many under nightclubs).
Of Deck 5's "Secret Porthole cabins", 2 are connecting room pairs - great for families of 5, and affordable alternative to Category 4. "Secret Porthole cabins" numbers are 6006 (less obstructed), 6506 (less obstructed), 5020, 5520, 5022, 5024 (connecting, most obstructed), 5522, 5524 (connecting, most obstructed).