Review of Empress Of The Seas deck 10 (Lido-Pool-Spa)
Vitality Spa Center is open between 8 am and 10 pm. The wellness complex includes Beauty Salon (facials, professional manicure, pedicure and barber services), Saunas and Steam Rooms, Massage Rooms, Changing Rooms.
- Windjammer Cafe is the lido buffet restaurant (capacity 580 seats). Dining here is casual (as dress code), complimentary and self-service type. The operational hours are as follows: Early Breakfast (at 6:30 am), Breakfast (7 – 11 am), Lunch (11.30 am – 3 pm), Afternoon Tea/Snacks (4 – 5 pm) and Dinner (6 – 9 pm). The Windjammer restaurant has various buffet stations, including for salads, soups, entrees, grill (incl BBQ meats and cooked-to-order steaks), chicken, fish (incl sushi), vegetarian dishes, fast-food (pizza, pasta, hot-dogs, burgers, french fries), cooked vegetables, sauces and toppings, breads, fruits, desserts (incl healthy desserts). On themed evenings are offered Mexican, Indian, Asian and other international cuisine specialties. At Breakfast there is an egg station (made-to-order omelettes and eggs). At Lunch there is also a carving station. The lido buffet also has 24-hour operational beverage stations with complimentary drinks (milk, coffee, tea, instant hot chocolate, flavored waters, also juices at breakfast). Windjammer’s complimentary “sushi stations” open for dinner-only (at 6:30 pm). Designated chefs continuously prepare fresh sushi (cooked rolls variations, mostly of eel and tuna). There are no nigirizushi or sashimi (with raw meat) or made-to-order items.
- Viking Crown Lounge (lower level 1 of 2) has capacity 268 seats. This is an indoor observation lounge featuring slanted panoramic windows. Quiet hours here are between 5 and 8:30 pm. The lounge becomes a disco club nightly.
- The ship’s pool area has 2 swimming pools, 3 whirlpools, a poolside bar and sunbathing area with loungers.
- Adventure Ocean (capacity 25) is a kids-only lounge with an outdoor play area, complimentary children program with themed activities. Group babysitting is available between 10 pm – 2 am. Age-appropriate activities are offered in 3 groups – Aquanauts (3-5 yo), Explorers (6-8 yo, themed parties, competitions, arts & crafts), Voyagers (9-11 yo, backstage tour, karaoke), Navigators (12-14 yo), Teens (15-17 yo). Kids-dedicated facilities are “The Living Room” (teen lounge) and “Fuel” (disco club).
- Rock-Climbing Wall can be climbed on both sides. The facility is complimentary (first come first served basis) and used in 30 min sessions. Equipment is provided (shoes, helmets, harnesses). Daily are organized climbing competitions. The min age limit is 6 yo (waivers must be signed by a parent/legal guardian). Children 6-12 yo must be supervised by an adult at all times.