Freedom Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Freedom Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Freedom Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Freedom Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Freedom of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1817 staterooms for 3634 passengers (max capacity is 4375 guests), served by 1360 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies (2 of which cantilevered), 14 elevators.
Freedom Of The Seas deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The list of Freedom ship deck plan changes after the dry-dock refurbishment in January 2015 includes:
- All cruise accommodations were renovated.
- Cupcake Cupboard (ship bakery) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- “DreamWorks Experience” (Walt Disney themed entertainment program) was implemented.
- The Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added on deck 12.
- 3D Cinema was added on deck 2.
- On decks 3 and 4, “The Crypt” (disco nightclub) was replaced by new inside cabins (deck 3 level) and by the Sabor (Mexican restaurant on deck 4 upper level).
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theater) was installed.
- Vintages (wine bar) was upgraded.
- “BRITTO” (Art Gallery) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- R-Bar (1960s themed lounge bar) was added on Promenade deck 5.
- Two new restaurants were added – “Giovanni’s Table” (Italian trattoria on Lido deck 11) and “Sabor Modern Mexican” (on deck 4).
- A group of 44 new Spa cabins were added on Deck 12 forward, in categories Q-Interior, Spa Oceanview (PF-Family Panoramic, P1-Larger, P2-Panoramic) and E3-Spa Balcony.
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Freedom cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Freedom ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Anthem, Harmony, Liberty, Mariner, Oasis,Ovation, Quantum, Symphony, Voyager.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea faster connectivity, with almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The onboard system is based on the 802.11b wireless connection (theoretical bandwidth peak 11 Mbps).
- Onboard Internet access is intergrated to the stateroom number and the personal onboard account. Following the log-on to the ship's wireless network "Royal WiFi", there is an option for creating an Internet account where the passenger can sign up for a particular Internet plan or to pay by the minute. The charge is always applied to the cabin (onboard) account.
- While using the Voom Internet package, passengers can switch between various mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops). However, the number of devices connected at the same time is limited by the Internet plan.
- The cruise ship also has several Internet workstations available for all passengers on FCFS basis (first-come, first-served).
- Among the cheaper alternatives to the Voom internet are connecting onboard (while the ship is in ports of call) or ashore (in restaurants, bars, etc).
New Internet packages cost (2017 prices)
RCI's ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Voom Surf pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $12 (2 devices), $10 (4 devices) and $20 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 (1 device), $16 (2 devices), $14 (4 devices) and $28 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers Voom package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online (via Cruise Planner) internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members (Crown and Anchor Society) when the Voom package is purchased onboard.
Freedom Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.