Jewel Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Jewel Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Jewel Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Jewel Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Jewel of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1055 staterooms for 2112 passengers (max capacity is 2502 guests), served by 860 crew/staff. The ship has 12 passenger accessible decks, 12 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools, 3 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Jewel deck plans are valid on RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through April 29th).
Jewel Of The Seas deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2016 drydock refurbishment (March 21 – April 6) includes:
- New passenger accommodations were added – one 2-Bedroom Family Suite (category TS) plus a total of 24 oceanview and balcony cabins (on decks 2, 4, 9, 10 and 11).
- On deck 6, the Portofino restaurant was replaced by Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 12, the Seaview Cafe (104 seats, complimentary fast-food diner and coffee bar with waiter service) was replaced by Izumi (Asian specialty restaurant).
- On deck 6, Vintages (wine bar) replaced the Champagne Bar.
- On deck 4, the Seaside private dining room (starboard, 102 seats) was replaced by inside cabins.
- On deck 8, Explorer’s Court (small relaxation area) was replaced with 1 inside cabin.
- On deck 12, the RCI’s Nursery (Royal Babies & Tots) was added.
- The Royal Caribbean’s digital signage is now available via numerous touch-screens located throughout the ship. The Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to ship-wide. The fast-speed VOOM Internet is now available.
- Cabin renovations included new flat TVs in all passenger rooms.
- On Lido deck 11, a poolside outdoor theater (Jumbotron movie screen) was installed.
- On deck 13, the Hollywood Odyssey (70 seats Cigar Club & Lounge) was replaced by Concierge Club.
- The Royal Caribbean Jewel ship refurbishment project’s total cost was around USD 30 million. The vessel is among the last RCI ships to benefit from the line’s expensive revitalization program for implementing Oasis-class features (facilities and amenities) to all older vessels in the fleet.
Cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new, high-speed internet service available on the Jewel ship since 2016. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI's high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Jewel Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.