Mariner Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Mariner Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Mariner Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Mariner Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Mariner of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1557 staterooms for 3114 passengers (max capacity is 3807 guests), served by 1180 crew/staff The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks, 17 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools, 7 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
Mariner Of The Seas deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2012 drydock refurbishment includes:
- Cabin amenities were upgraded with new flat TVs added in all cruise staterooms.
- Digital signage (wayfinders) on several decks were installed. These touch-screen boards allow you to know your way around the ship.
- Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded to shipwide.
- On Lido Deck 11 (in the main pool area) a huge movie screen (outdoor theater) was installed.
- On Lido Deck 11 (at Boardwalk) was added the Dog House (complimentary fast food bar).
- On deck 14 the “Diamond Club” lounge was added. This is a signature venue for “Crown & Anchor” (RCI loyalty program) members only.
- On deck 4 the Giovanni’s Table (Italian Italian trattoria restaurant) was added.
- On Spa Deck 12 the Royal Caribbean’s signature Nursery was added.
- The onboard entertainment options were upgraded with the “DreamWorks Experience” (themed characters entertainment).
- The Casino lounge was renovated and upgraded with “Baccarat” and “Sic Bo” game tables.
- Vintages Bar was upgraded.
- More shopping options were added to the Royal Promenade boutique shopping arcade (now with the “Coach” bags store).
The ship’s scheduled for 2017 drydock refurbishment will result in the following deck plan changes:
- On Sports Deck 13, the RCI’s signature waterslides “Cyclone” and “Typhoon” will be installed. Also on deck 13, a FlowRider (surfing simulator) will be installed.
- On Spa Deck 12 (aft), the new “Slashaway Bay” kids aqua park will be added. This is a new-design interactive water play area with cannons and geysers. It will replace the Outdoor Youth Area (aka “back deck”).
- The new water park and the duo of waterslides were first introduced on the ships Liberty of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas (Oasis-class).
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Mariner cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Mariner ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Anthem, Freedom, Harmony, Liberty,Oasis, Ovation, Quantum, Symphony, Voyager.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea faster connectivity, with almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The onboard system is based on the 802.11b wireless connection (theoretical bandwidth peak 11 Mbps).
- Onboard Internet access is intergrated to the stateroom number and the personal onboard account. Following the log-on to the ship's wireless network "Royal WiFi", there is an option for creating an Internet account where the passenger can sign up for a particular Internet plan or to pay by the minute. The charge is always applied to the cabin (onboard) account.
- While using the Voom Internet package, passengers can switch between various mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops). However, the number of devices connected at the same time is limited by the Internet plan.
- The cruise ship also has several Internet workstations available for all passengers on FCFS basis (first-come, first-served).
- Among the cheaper alternatives to the Voom internet are connecting onboard (while the ship is in ports of call) or ashore (in restaurants, bars, etc).
New Internet packages cost (2017 prices)
RCI's ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Voom Surf pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $12 (2 devices), $10 (4 devices) and $20 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 (1 device), $16 (2 devices), $14 (4 devices) and $28 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers Voom package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online (via Cruise Planner) internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members (Crown and Anchor Society) when the Voom package is purchased onboard.
Mariner Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.