Norwegian Gem deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Gem deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Gem cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Gem staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Gem (built 2007, last refurbished in 2015) is the last of the Jewel-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Jade, NCL Jewel and NCL Pearl. The NCL Gem ship is also one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” cruise ships – together with Breakaway, Getaway, Epic and Jewel.
Norwegian Gen cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1197 staterooms for 2394 passengers (max capacity is 2873 guests), served by 1010 crew/staff members. NCL Gem ship has a total of 19 onboard dining options, with 11 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
NCL Gem deck plan changes 2015 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2015 drydock refurbishment (October-November) includes:
- Penthouse Suites renovation
- lounge renovations (Horizon, and Spinnaker /observation lounge)
- new dining venue will be added (O’Sheehan’s Bar & Grill)
- relocation of Moderno restaurant (from deck 8 to deck 13) and replacement of the Blue Lagoon restaurant with the new O’Sheehan’s Pub (deck 8)
- relocation of the Cagney’s Steakhouse on deck 8, to make place for the new Brazilian restaurant “Moderno Churrascaria” and the Mojito Bar “Sugarcane” (replacing the Star Bar).
- new furnishings (custom-crafted), and new furniture for the relaxation deck areas (Deck 11 & 12)
- new wall coverings, LED lighting, carpeting
- many original art-works were added in public areas.
NCL Gem cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Gem Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Gemoffers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Gem deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.