Norwegian Jade deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Jade deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Jade cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Jade staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Jade (built 2005, last refurbished in 2017) is the second of the Jewel-classNorwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Gem, NCL Jewel and NCL Pearl. The NCL Jade ship was originally built and operated under the name Pride of Hawaii (from 2006 to 2008, for the NCL America brand).
Norwegian Jade cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1201 staterooms for 2402 passengers (max capacity is 2882 guests), served by 1100 crew/staff members. NCL Jade ship has a total of 19 onboard dining options, with 11 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
NCL Jade deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
NCL Jade's 2017 drydock refurbishment (March 7 - April 3) was done in Freeport Bahamas and resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- Atrium's décor was changed. The old chandelier was replaced with a new one.
- Over 2250 new artworks were installed throughout the ship (including in all cabins).
- All staterooms were updated and upgarded with new furniture, carpeting, flat TVs, bed headboards (with USB outlets for device charging).
- The Haven suite complex' Haven Courtyard was refurbished (new finishes on outdoor deck areas, swimming pool, hot tubs). New deck furniture and cabanas were added.
- Main pool deck areas were also updated.
- Spinnaker Lounge (deck 13) was upgraded, as well as the Fitness Centre (deck 12, new TechnoGym equipment).
- All The Haven suites and villas were renovated with new furniture, finishes, wallpapers, carpeting, drapery, artworks.
- 2 new restaurants were added - O’Sheehan's Bar & Girll, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, The Cellars (Mondavi Family Wine Bar), Los Lobos Cantina (Mexican restaurant), The Pit Stop (poolside grill, deck 13).
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse restaurant) was moved from deck 8 to deck 13. The restaurant was redesigned and outfitted with floor-ceiling windows and glass-door entrance.
- Bliss Ultra Lounge (nightclub) was added on deck 7.
- All other onboard eateries were updated (new carpeting, artworks, upholstery, window treatments), including La Cucina (Italian restaurant, deck 12), Cagney’s Steakhouse (deck 13), Teppanyaki Room (deck 7), Jasmine Garden (deck 7), Garden Cafe (deck 12). Cagney’s Steakhouse now has additional seating and a new virtual fireplace. La Cucina has a new wine wall.
- NCL Jade's refurbishment project was part of the company's "Norwegian Edge" fleetwide upgrades and cost around USD 37 million.
The list of deck plan changes after the ship's 2011 drydock refurbishment includes:
- (Deck 8) the new "Moderno" restaurant replaced the old “Paniolo’s”.
- Stardust Theater was renovated and technically updated and enhanced.
- All passenger and crew cabins were upgraded with new flat TVs. Wheelchair accessible rooms were also updated.
- The onboard Wi-Fi coverage was upgraded ro shipwide.
- New aerobics room was added in the Spa-Gym complex.
- Among the other renovations are new carpeting and tiling, silk plants.
NCL Jade cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Jade Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Jade offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Jade deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.