Norwegian Sky deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Sky deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Sky cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Sky staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Sky (built 1999, last refurbished in 2017) is the first of the Sky-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Sun and the Costa Cruises ship Costa Victoria. In the period 2004-2008, the NCL Sky ship was operated by the NCL America line under the name “Pride of Aloha”.
Norwegian Sky cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1002 staterooms for 2004 passengers (max capacity is 2405 guests), served by 847 crew/staff members. NCL Sky ship has a total of 13 onboard dining options (5 of which are complimentary), with 12 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 5 jacuzzies, 8 elevators.
NCL Sky cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Sky Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Sky offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (60 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TPS100 (100 min) costs USD 55.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Sky deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.