Norwegian Spirit deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Spirit deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Spirit cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Spirit staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Spirit (built 1998, last refurbished in 2017) is of the first of the Leo-class ships (no sister-vessels among Norwegian Cruise Line ships). The other vessel in this class is the Star Cruises ship SuperStar Virgo.
Norwegian Spirit cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1006 staterooms for 2012 passengers (max capacity is 2414 guests), served by 1125 crew/staff members. NCL Spirit ship has a total of 17 onboard dining options (7 complimentary), with 10 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools and 5 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
NCL Spirit deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2011 drydock refurbishment includes:
- Wi-Fi Internet coverage was upgraded to shipwide.
- Crew and passenger cabins were upgraded with new flat TVs.
- All accessible staterooms were renovated.
- New carpeting and tiling received all cabins and public areas.
- Stardust Theater received audio/video enhancements (new equipment was installed).
- New aerobics room was added in the Spa complex.
- Raffles Court buffet restaurant was renovated.
NCL Spirit cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Spirit Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Spirit offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Spirit deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.