Ovation Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Ovation Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Ovation Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Ovation Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Ovation of the Seas (built 2016) is the third of the Quantum-class Royal Caribbean ships – together with Quantum (2014) and Anthem (2015). These vessels represent the line’s latest design concepts and technology innovations making all its fans really feeling “WOW”. RCI’s Quantum-class ships (builder Meyer Werft Germany) as capacity and size (GT tonnage) are similar to the MSC Cruises largest Vista-class ship MSC Meraviglia (builder STX Europe, France). Next is shown a Quantum-class ship as looked from above.
Note: CruiseMapper's Ovation Of The Seas deck plans are valid for the period 2018-2019 (April 26 through March 30).
Like her sisters Anthem and Quantum, the Ovation cruise ship has 2090 staterooms in total, for 4180 passengers (max capacity is 4905) served by 1500 crew/staff, 4 swimming pools (1 retractable roof covered), 10 jacuzzies, 16 elevators, 18 dining options. The ship also has a multi-million dollar art collection of over 11000 pieces (estimated value USD 4,5 million). The contemporary artworks were curated by “Peter Millard & Partners” (London, England).
All Quantum-class vessels are officially referred to as the “WOW ships”. They feature numerous unique facilities and onboard activities that have never been available before at sea. The list of new Royal Caribbean Ovation ship “WOWs”includes:
- “RipCord” (deck 16) – sky-diving simulator
- “North Star” (deck 15) – an above ship observation capsule
- “SeaPlex” (decks 15 and 16) – bumper cars area part of the largest at sea sports complex
- “Two70°” (decks 5-6-7) – LED Roboscreens (dynamic) and floor-ceiling glass walls for live panoramic views
- “Bionic Bar” (served by robotic bartenders)
- “Virtual Balcony” (location on decks 7 through 11) – new type Inside cabins.
- “RFID wristbands” (optional) can replace the SeaPass cards allowing onboard purchases and stateroom access.
- The Ovation cruise ship has not installed the following signature RCI facilities: Ice Rink, Bowling, Zip-Line, Water Slides, Rope Course, Golf Simulator, Boxing Ring, Smoking Lounge, Royal Viking Crown (Observation Lounge). The traditional Royal Promenade will be replaced by a 2-decks high walkway (location decks 4-5, connected with staircases). The new walkway will pass through the center (roughly half of the vessel’s length).
- New dining venues on the Ovation ship replace the line’s traditional Main Dining Rooms concept. They serve the Royal Caribbean’s new “Dynamic Dining” concept.
Ovation of the Seas itinerary program offers exclusively Asia cruises from China. In January 2016, RCI and the Chinese Imperial Palace Museum signed a Memorandum of Understanding agreement, according to which the ship will offer onboard expert lecturers by employees of the museum. Lectures will be themed on China’s history and culture. The Palace Museum will also provide signature pieces from its priceless collections to be displayed on the ship. By the new agreement, artworks created by Palace Museum artists will be available for purchasing at onboard art auctions.
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Ovation cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Ovation ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Anthem, Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Mariner,Oasis, Quantum, Voyager.
Ovation Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.