Pacific Aria deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the Pacific Aria cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Pacific Aria staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
ms Pacific Aria (built 1994 as Ryndam, last refurbished in 2018) is one of the two new P and O Australia cruise ships – together with Pacific Eden (ms Statendam) and Pacific Explorer (Dawn Princess). The other Pacific-named fleetmates are Dawn, Jewel and Pearl (Columbus since 2017). Pacific Aria cruise ship was launched and operated under the name ms Ryndam (between 1994 and 2015) as part of the Holland America fleet. In May 2014, the Carnival Corp (owner of both brands HAL and P&O) announced that Ryndam will be transferred in 2015 to the P&O Australia’s fleet after a scheduled refurbishment to tailor the ship for the Australia/New Zealand cruise market.
P and O Pacific Aria cruise ship deck plan has a total of 630 staterooms for 1260 passengers (max capacity is 1512 guests), served by 560 crew/staff, 9 passenger decks, 15 food and drink venues (restaurants, lounges, bars), 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof, one for adults), 2 jacuzzies, 8 elevators. The ship's new interior design (transforming ms Ryndam into Pacific Aria) was done by the “Tillberg Design” studio (Sweden).
Note: On the Pacific Aria ship, self-service launderettes (passenger use laundry/ironing facilities) are located on decks: 5 and 9. Laundry services on board are not complimentary /included in the fares. Smoking on the P&O Aria ship is permitted only at designated outdoor public areas.
The "Ryndam to Aria" cruise ship transformation was done by the Swedish company "Tillberg Design" during a scheduled drydock refurbishment in Sydney NSW. Unique features of the new ship are the 3 dining rooms with different cuisine choices (Italian, Asian and the traditional for the line "Waterfront Restaurant"), boutique winery with premium Australian wines, indoor cinema, cookery school, new Salt Grill Bar (for Luke Mangan cocktails), large indoor-outdoor seating buffet restaurant, large main pool area (covered with sliding roof) and the new P&OEdge facility (active sport activities program).
Pacific Aria deck pllan changes 2018 refurbishment review
Ship's 12-day drydock 2018 refurbishment (August 3-15, done in Singapore) resulted in the following changes:
- The Dome (Deck 12 forward) was redecorated with a new nautical theme (dark blue and white) and redesigned with new soft lighting and classy drapes. By day, the Dome is the right place for board games, dance classes, trivia and relax on the lounges. In the evening it transforms into a chic dance-spot.
- Elemis Spa (Deck 11 forward) was enhanced and upgraded with Barber Shop. The new venue features chic decor (gold framed mirrors, leather swivel chairs, premium curtains) and offers professional grooming services (hot towel shaves, beard trimming and styling).
- All Penthouse, Suite and balcony staterooms received new carpets and outdoor furniture.
- Fleet's new Southern Cross themed livery was painted on the hull.
- In total, on the ship were replaced with new 1000 pieces of furniture, 6000 m of fabrics, over 10,000 m2 of carpets. New artworks and contemporary wallpapers were placed in public spaces.
Pacific Aria deck plans are property of P&O Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.