Quantum Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Quantum Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Quantum Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Quantum Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Quantum of the Seas (built 2014) is the first of the Quantum-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships - together with Anthem of the Seas (2015) and Ovation of the Seas (2016). RCI’s Quantum-class ships (builder Meyer Werft Germany) as capacity and size (GT tonnage) are similar to the MSC Cruises largest Vista-class ship MSC Meraviglia (builder STX Europe, France). Next is shown a Quantum-class ship as looked from above.
The Quantum of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2090 staterooms for 4180 passengers (max capacity is 4905 guests), served by 1500 crew and staff, with 4 swimming pools (1 with retractable glass roof), 10 jacuzzies, 16 elevators, Rock Climbing Wall, Flowrider, 18 different dining options.
All Quantum-class ships feature unique “WOWs” among which are:
- “RipCord” (deck 16) – the world’s first skydiving simulator at sea
- “North Star” (deck 15) – the world’s first rotating capsule (300 ft above the sea level) for 360° ocenviews
- “Seaplex” (deck 15 & 16) – the world’s first bumper cars at sea
- “Two70°” (3-decks high – decks 5-6-7) – with huge LED screens on which (via a mapping system) live views from the ship’s outside can be projected
- the world’s first “Virtual Balcony” staterooms (373 of them, an Inside cabin category). They are located on decks 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, among them 34 are wheel-chair accessible, some are connecting). Passengers have the option to switch the virtual balcony room’s view on and off. These large screens can not be used as TV or for displaying commercials, business logos, etc.
- RFID cabin door locks and RFID wristbands (an optional choice to replace the traditional SeaPass cards) allowing passengers to purchase items on the ship and access into their cabins. The new wristbands will be placed in envelopes in the passenger rooms.
- new Studio cabins with balconies (with single occupancy rates for solo travelers).
- over USD 5 million invested in the Quantum’s onboard art collection.
- Quantum cruise ship deck plans do not feature: Royal Promenade, Ice Skating Rink, Bowling, Zipline, Waterslide, Ropes Course, Golf Simulator, Boxing Ring, Cigar Lounge, Upper Deck Observation Lounge (“Royal Viking Crown”). Instead of the RCI’s traditional Royal Promenade, Quantum has a 2-decks high walkway (decks 4 and 5, linked with staircases). It passes through the ship’s center, roughly half the length of the ship.
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Quantum cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Quantum ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Anthem, Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Mariner,Oasis, Ovation, Voyager.
Quantum Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.