Radiance Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Radiance Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Radiance Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Radiance Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Radiance of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1071 staterooms for 2143 passengers (max capacity is 2466 guests), served by 890 crew/staff. The ship has 12 passenger accessible decks, 16 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Radiance deck plans are valid on RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through May 3rd).
Radiance Of The Seas deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2011 drydock refurbishment includes:
- new complimentary dining options (deli restaurant “Park Cafe”, and the hotdogs bar “Dog House”)
- new specialty dining options at additional charge (“Giovanni’s Table”/Italian Trattoria, “Izumi”/Asian, “Samba Grill”/Brazilian, “Rita’s Cantina”/Mexican)
- poolside huge movie screen
- Nursery, English pub
- new lounges (“Diamond” and “Concierge”).
- On the RCCL Radiance there are also 2 new cruise dining packages – “Chef’s” (cost $145 PP, venues included “Chops”, “Giovanni’s”, “Izumi”, “Samba” and “Chef’s Table”, also inclusive of wine) and “Radiance” (cost $75 PP, inclusions “Chops”, “Giovanni’s”, “Izumi” and “Samba”).
The 2016 drydock refurbishment was done in Portland (Oregon USA).
- Technical repairs included steel replacement and propeller (propulsion unit) maintenance works.
- All passenger cabins were updated.
- Vitality at Sea complex (Shipshape Spa on deck 12) was redesigned. Also on deck 12, the outdoor pool deck area was refreshed.
Royal Caribbean cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea faster connectivity, with almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The onboard system is based on the 802.11b wireless connection (theoretical bandwidth peak 11 Mbps).
- Onboard Internet access is intergrated to the stateroom number and the personal onboard account. Following the log-on to the ship's wireless network "Royal WiFi", there is an option for creating an Internet account where the passenger can sign up for a particular Internet plan or to pay by the minute. The charge is always applied to the cabin (onboard) account.
- While using the Voom Internet package, passengers can switch between various mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops). However, the number of devices connected at the same time is limited by the Internet plan.
- The cruise ship also has several Internet workstations available for all passengers on FCFS basis (first-come, first-served).
- Among the cheaper alternatives to the Voom internet are connecting onboard (while the ship is in ports of call) or ashore (in restaurants, bars, etc).
New Internet packages cost (2017 prices)
RCI's ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Voom Surf pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $12 (2 devices), $10 (4 devices) and $20 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Voom Surf + Stream pricing is as follows: $18 (1 device), $16 (2 devices), $14 (4 devices) and $28 (Single Day Pass per device / per day).
- Occasionally, Royal Caribbean offers Voom package discounts for passengers with pre-purchased online (via Cruise Planner) internet packages. Discounts are also offered for Royal Caribbean loyalty program members (Crown and Anchor Society) when the Voom package is purchased onboard.
Radiance Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.