Serenade Of The Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Serenade Of The Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Serenade Of The Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Serenade Of The Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Serenade of the Seas (built 2003, last refurbished in 2012, scheduled refurbishment 2017) is the third of the Radiance-classRoyal Caribbean cruise ships – together with Brilliance, Jewel and Radiance.
Serenade of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1073 staterooms for 2146 passengers (max capacity is 2476 guests), served by 880 crew/staff. The ship has 12 passenger accessible decks, , 16 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools, 3 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Serenade deck plans are valid on RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through April 20th).
Serenade Of The Seas deck plan changes 2012 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2012 drydock refurbishment includes:
- upgraded cabin amenities (flat TVs, bathrooms with shower floors)
- poolside huge movie screen
- new lounges (“Diamond” and “Concierge”)
- new gourmet dining options at additional charge (“Giovanni’s Table”/Italian Trattoria, “Izumi”/Asian, “Rita’s Cantina”/Mexican, “Chef’s Table”/5-course dining)
- upgraded “Centrum” entertainment options (acrobatic shows, LED screens)
- “R Bar” (retro 1960s themed, replacing the old Lobby Bar), “Vintages” Bar (wine), an English pub.
Cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new, high-speed internet service available on the Serenade ship since 2016. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI's high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Serenade Of The Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.