Silver Wind deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the Silver Wind cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Silver Wind staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Silver Wind (built 1995, last refurbished in 2016, scheduled refurbishment 2018) is the second and among the oldest Silversea ships – preceded by the sister-ship Silver Cloud. Silversea Wind and Cloud ships are also the smallest in the fleet – only 16,800 GT, with capacity of around 300 passengers. This is around half the size of the line’s largest vessels Silver Spirit and the new Silver Muse (2017). Like all Silversea cruise ships, Wind is an ultra-luxury cruise vessel operated with all-inclusive deals, top luxury hotel amenities and impeccable service.
Silver Wind cruise ship deck plan has a total of 151 staterooms (all suites) for 296 passengers (max capacity is 355 guests), served by 197 crew/staff. The ship has 7 passenger decks, 4 restaurants, 5 lounges and bars, 1 pool, 2 jacuzzies, 4 elevators. One passenger use laundromat (butler- and self-service laundry facility) is located on deck 4. Detergent is provided.
Silver Wind is among the world’s best "top luxury" cruise choices on the premium market. The Silversea’s all-inclusiveness means that all the onboard drinks are free of charge (including wines, premium spirits, champagnes, the in-room bar and fridge), tipping/gratuities.
When booking your Silver Wind cruise deals, it is advisable to make also dining reservations for the specialty restaurant(s) you wish to visit. Those are La Champagne (French /20 seats) and La Terrazza (Italian /70 seats).
Silver Wind deck plan changes 2016-2018 refurbishments review
Follows the list of deck plan changes made during the ship’s November 2013 drydock refurbishment in Palermo Sicily (Italy). The renovation was done in 2 weeks.
- (deck 4) The Le Champagne (French restaurant) dining experience was enhanced by a new entrance hall, LED-backlit wine cellar, new flooring, fabrics, the seating layout was redesigned.
- (deck 5) The Bar lounge received new furniture, and the color scheme was changed (brown & beige). Awning covering was fixed over the seating outdoor area.
- (deck 7) The La Terrazza buffet was upgraded with additional 2-seat tables, new banquettes on walls, and the buffet area was redesigned.
- (deck 8) Panorama Lounge’s carpets were changed, and the dance floor were reconditioned.
- (deck 8) The pool deck was renovated with new tiling and outdoor furniture.
- (deck 9) The Spa Centre was relocated from deck 7 to deck 9, and upgraded with new services.
- All cabins’ interior decoration was updated. All decked public areas were reconditioned (woodwork renovated, teak was polished).
- All suites were updated with new carpeting, upholstery, curtains, headboards, new deluxe mattresses (custom-made exclusively for the Silversea company).
- All suites with bathtubs were upgraded with rainforest showers (glass-enclosed, with seats).
Follows the review of the ship’s deck plan changes after the October 2016 drydock refurbishment (in Freeport, Bahamas):
- All cruise suites were renovated with dark marble floors in the bathrooms. All staterooms were upgraded with interactive TV system offering in-cabin Internet and movies on-demand. Cabins’ interior upgrades also included new furniture, upholstery, carpets.
- On Lido Deck 8 the swimming pool was re-tiled.
- Sun Deck 9 was re-furnished with new sunloungers and will received new quality-teak decking.
- The Restaurant (main dining room on deck 4) and La Terrazza (buffet restaurant on deck 7) received new furniture, carpeting and flooring (hard-wood parquet).
- New satellite equipment (incl 2 new satellite antennas) now provides faster Internet speeds.
- Jogging track (deck 9) was updated with new synthetic turf cover.
- Renovations were also done to Connoisseur's Corner (deck 7), Panorama Lounge (deck 8), Spa & Beauty Salon (deck 10).
- Observation Lounge (deck 10) has new wood paneling, new marble-topped bar, new wood display cases.
- The 2016 ship renovations were part of Silversea's USD 170 million fleetwide refurbishment program.
- In 2018, the cruise ship is scheduled to enter dry-dock at Freeport Bahamas (November 26 - December 9) for planned redesigning of public areas (to become similar to the fleetmate Silver Muse interior decor), new carpeting, lounge renovations.
Silver Wind deck plans are property of Silversea. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.