Sun Princess deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Sun Princess deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Princess Cruises deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Sun Princess cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Sun Princess staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Sun Princess cruise ship plan has a total of 1011 staterooms for 1998 passengers served by 925 crew/staff. The ship has 11 passenger accessible decks, 9 restaurants and bars, 6 lounges, 3 swimming pools, 5 jacuzzies, 9 elevators.
Passenger-use launderettes (laundromats) are located on decks 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11. These are self-service laundry facilities with ironing boards and detergent being provided.
Sun Princess deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2013 drydock refurbishment (refit done in Singapore) included:
- new Asian themed interior decor
- International Cafe (in the Atrium)
- new Sushi bar
- “Horizon Court” buffet (renovation, live cooking presentations, new pastry shop and a specialty coffee bar)
- “Lotus Spa” (renovation)
- “Terrace Grill” (al fresco menu)
- the ice cream bar (deck 12) now with specialty coffees and teas.
The Princess Sun ship was drydock refurbished in 2016 (April 5-18) - again in Singapore. The 14-day refurbishment resulted in the following deck plan changes:
- “Princess Luxury Bed” systems were added to all passenger cabins.
- On deck 7, Kai Sushi was redesigned and renamed Kai Seafood Bar.
- On deck 8, a new restaurant (SHARE by Curtis Stone) was added replacing the pizzeria restaurant Sabatini’s. Also on deck 8, the Legends Bar (sports bar) programming was upgraded, now showing live tennis, AFL and NRL matches and other AU sports on its multiple LED screens.
- On deck 12, New Zealand Natural (specialty ice cream bar) replaced the Sundaes Bar. Also on deck 12, the Lotus Spa complex was renovated.
- On Lido Deck 14, the Amuleto Cafe (patisserie / specialty coffee bar) was added to the World Fresh Marketplace (formerly Horizon Court buffet). The buffet restaurant was also revamped with new decor and a la carte cooking stations. Also on deck 14, Terrace Grill bar was transformed into an al fresco BBQ restaurant.
- The ship’s interior decor and furnishings were changed (new Japan themes).
- The ship’s 2016 refurbishment project cost Princes Cruises around USD 30 million.
Sun Princess deck plans are property of Princess Cruises. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.