Wine aficionados who prefer small ship yachting can now make plans for a special cruise experience next year. Continuing commitment to and enhancing superbly established level of culinary experiences, SeaDream Yacht Club announced 7 new Wine Voyages for 2017 season.
Showcasing the most picturesque ports of the Mediterranean on 7- 11-day cruises, each itinerary pairs ultimate wine experience with some of the world's most scenic backdrops.
Guests onboard the vino-centric voyages will enjoy select premium tastings from renowned wineries such as Tenuta San Guido, Taittinger Champagne and Château Gassier. As an exclusive to Taittinger cruise, Clovis Taittinger will be present on board, followed by Maison Louis Jadot presenting two of the best qualities of France, champagne and Burgundy region. At the Winemaker’s Dinner, the Executive Chef will serve a distinctive menu to enhance the expressive wines of guest winemakers including Philipp Wittman, Marilisa Allegrini, Francesco Mazzei. The Winemaker’s Dinner boasts a wine-by-the-glass package, for additional cost.
Exclusive shore trips take passengers off the beaten path to explore different wines, foods and cultures of the Mediterranean. Guests can explore the amazing Sorrentino Winery at the base of volcanic Mount Vesuvius, attend wine tasting and truffle hunt at Castello delle Regine, learn the art of making paella and how to pair it with Cartagena's local wines.
SeaDream Yacht Club President, Bob Lepisto, explained:
“The best way to truly know a place is to experience it through its people, food and wine. Through our innovative itineraries, high attention to detail, and impeccable service, we are constantly striving to provide the ultimate guest experience both at sea and ashore.”
Additional highlights of SeaDream Wine Voyages for 2017 include a high crew to passenger ratio, personalized entertainment, state of the art fitness center, cuisine that competes with ever-changing ocean views. Smaller ports of call make for memorable shore excursions away from the crowd.
Below is the full listing of SeaDream’s Wine Voyage itineraries for 2017:
- Lisbon to Barcelona, April 27–May 6, 2017. 9-day cruise including boutique ports of Gibraltar, Portimao, Puerto Banus, Cartagena, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma de Mallorca, Menorca.
- Rome round trip, June 10-17, 2017. 7-day cruise including ports of Bonifacio overnight, Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Capri.
- Rome round trip, June 17–24, 2017. 7-day cruise including ports of Portoferraio, Portovenere, Marina di Carrara, Portofino, Saint Florent, Porto Vecchio.
- Rome to Venice, August 19–30, 2017. 11-day cruise calling on ports of Capri, Amalfi overnight, Positano, Taormina, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, Rovinj.
- Athens (Piraeus) to Rome, September 23–30, 2017. 7-day cruise calling on Hydra, Corinth Canal, Itea, Taormina, Amalfi overnight, Capri.
- Rome to Nice, September 30–October 7, 2017. 7-day cruise calling on Porto Ercole, Portoferraio, Livorno, Portovenere, Portofino, Monte Carlo.
- Nice to Malaga, October 7–16, 2017. 9-day cruise calling at St. Tropez, Sanary-sur-Mer, Sète, Cassis, Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante, Cartagena.
SeaDream's inclusive cruise fare includes gourmet meals, ocean view accommodations, wine with lunch and dinner, gratuities and much more.