CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) is urging cruisers to book a voyage with travel agents. The association has outlined 7 top reasons to book with an agency.
CLIA says 70% of travelers use a cruise travel agent to plan and book their holidays, adding that it can help cruisers to find CLIA-certified agents who specialise in cruise vacations.
The 7 reasons to use a cruise travel agent for cruise planning include:
- An Encyclopedia of Cruising: Travel agents are trained and certificated in general cruising as well as the products and destinations.
- The Real Deal: Agents plan and execute multiple cruise holidays every week so they are aware of the best deals and discounts, and some may have access to cruise line discounts that aren’t available to consumers.
- Saving More Than Just Money: Agents can save clients time as they have up-to-date offers and information.
- A Step Ahead: Minor details about the booking and cruise can be ironed out in advance of the cruise.
- The Right Resource: Travel agents can tackle glitches, such as lost luggage, cancelled excursions, delays or missed flights.
- A Trip Tailored to You: Agents have the most current information on how to find the right ship, right itinerary, right cabin and right cabin location for each particular customer.
- Up-to-Date Updates: Agents receive cruise line’s updates in real time so know about news such as new spa offerings or changes in the ship’s itinerary.