Plan A Cruise Month, the better and bigger successor to National Cruise Week, started on Saturday, October 1. Travel agents and cruise lines are crowding the gangway because they try to outdo each other with special cruise deals.
Here is a quick round-up of some of the best offers:
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages are offering 30% off PLUS buy-one-get-one-half-price deals on cruises to the Amazon and the Caribbean. In effect, two people travel for little more than the fare for one.
- There are several more variations of half-price deals for the second passenger sharing a cabin. Celebrity Cruises also add in a free drinks package, while third and fourth guests in a family group get a 25% discount.
- Scenic claim their discount on an 8-day river cruise from Amsterdam to Strasbourg next June amounts to a triple saving. Fares from £1,920 per person.
- Crystal Cruises offers savings of up to £630 per stateroom on selected itineraries and will throw in up to $2,000 shipboard credit – not bad when all drinks are already included!
- Norwegian Cruise Line gives guests the option to choose whatever deal suits them best on cruises departing after January 1. Choose from a premium drinks package, speciality dining, internet, or $200 spending money. Inside cabins and studios qualify for one, ocean view guests pick two, and suite passengers qualify for all four.
- P&O Cruises add £250 per cabin spending money to deals which have already reduced their fares to as little as £799 per person for a 12-night cruise to the Canaries in November on Ventura.
- Seabourn up the ante to $1,000 credit for each penthouse and premium suite booking, although you’ll be paying a higher fare to qualify.
- Swan Hellenic are giving guests the chance to win an upgrade to the Owner’s Suite on Minerva, while Voyages of Discovery have a competition to win a VIP package that includes dinner on the Captain’s table, or a bottle of wine every night.
- October is Plan a Cruise Month and MSC Cruises — the Swiss-based world's largest privately-owned cruise line and market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa — is celebrating by offering consumers the chance to save 50 percent off brochure rates and get two for the price of one on Caribbean, Mediterranean and Northern Europe cruises.