Cruise Ships Pull Out of Falmouth

By ,   July 9, 2017 ,   Cruise Industry

Major cruise lines are pulling out of Falmouth Port. It's estimated the sector would lose approx 5 million dollars per month.

According to Colin Gager, Falmouth’s mayor, 3 ships (2 Royal Caribbean and one from Celebrity Cruises; the only cruise ship named is Allure of the Seas) will visit other Caribbean ports for the upcoming cruise season.  

Falmouth Port

Mayor Gager said the cruise ships were concerned about visitor harassment, among other issues, and noted that the 3 vessels brought a combined 10,000 guests per call to the port.

The Mayor admitted that visitor harassment had been an ongoing problem with the conduct of tour bus operators and craft vendors. The municipal corporation was working closely with stakeholders in order to address the concerns, as the local economy could not afford to lose the cruise lines.

Gager said the vessels had indicated that might return either in 2019 or 2020, and assured that everything would be done to fix the problem in advance.