The massive makeover saw the addition of a number of passenger-favorite establishments and 38 new staterooms, converting around 100 cabins into balcony staterooms.
- Due to the drydock, guests aboard Carnival Elation will get to experience some of the famous venues that the cruise line has introduced over the past years, such as Guy’s Burger Joint. Introduced for the first time aboard Carnival Liberty in 2011, the brainchild of Guy Fieri quickly became passengers' favourite thanks to the tasty burgers and fries, not to mention the toppings bar.
- A couple of Igunanas can now be seen beside the pool of Carnival Elation thanks to addition of BlueIguana Cantina and BlueIguana Tequila Bar. The RedFrog Rum Bar is also there for a cocktail or a beer, including Carnival’s popular ThirstyFrog Red.
- While all cabins onboard were freshened up and given a brand new look inspired by the tropical itineraries of the ship, balconies were added to a total of 98 existing rooms.
- The makeover also included some water-themed additions: Camp Ocean, marine-inspired play area for children 2-11 with more than 200 ocean-themed activities, and WaterWorks area, featuring a 300ft long water slide, two racing slides and a splash zone for younger passengers.
- The 9-hole miniature golf course is now situated to Deck 14 to provide incredible views.