Holland America Line (HAL) has added enhanced features and a new look to Flight Ease, its air booking program, making it more user-friendly to navigate and book flights.
In addition, the functionality of HAL's site is more intuitive and allows travel professionals to pick departure and return flights separately, compare real-time fares, review detailed schedule displays and add a stopover flight segment.
The vice president of North America sales for HAL, Eva Jenner, said that the line were constantly communicating with their travel partners, and the Flight Ease enhancements were a result of conversations on how to improve the air booking platform.
She added that planning a cruise vacation should be "a seamless process": Flight Ease ensured that their travel partners had the most advanced tools to coordinate clients’ itineraries.
The improved functionality of Flight Ease includes:
- a logic-driven calendar for flight planning based on cruise departure and arrival dates;
- ability to select departing/return flights independently;
- improved navigation allowing travel professionals to move across the booking flow including search, select departure/return, summary, pay;
- improved search filters to identify the best flight based on fare type, preferred airlines, number of stops, price, departure time, duration;
- easy comparison of airfare options for the same flight;
- newly designed schedule displays with detailed information about the type of aircraft, connections, layover times.
Available through HAL's Polar Online booking, Flight Ease offers competitive pricing and up-to-the-minute flight schedules including those flights that arrive/depart in time for the specific voyage booked. All flights reserved through the air booking program feature 24-hour assistance and “Next Port Protection”, meaning that in case of delay or cancellation, Holland America will take care of flight changes in order to join the cruise at the next port of call.
Travel professionals can now easily and affordably select from 2 competitive pricing options: Flexible Fares provide the best leeway for changes to adjust a flight schedule; no fees are applied. The airfare payment is due with cruise's final payment. Restricted Fares are a lower price and include cancellation fees. They require full payment for air reservation at the time of booking.