22 Gourmet Explorer Tours are to be offered on the Mediterranean sailings of Explorer and are designed to enhance food experiences in the Culinary Arts Kitchen of the ship.
Each tour will be accompanied by a local guide and Culinary Arts Kitchen chef and will feature activities including meals at Michelin-starred restaurants as well visits to markets and vineyards in places such as Sorrento, Italy; Corfu, Greece; and Barcelona, Spain.
- Monte Carlo, Monaco: Wine tasting at Cave Bianchi in Nice followed by dinner at the famed La Chevre d'Or restaurant.
- Saint Tropez, France: Taste three Provence varietals at the famed La Croix winery, and then enjoy a gourmet dining experience at the renowned La Vague d'Or, a Michelin 3-star restaurant in the heart of Saint Tropez.
- Palamos, Spain: Enjoy a tasting at an artisanal olive oil producer before watching a cooking demonstration and seven-course tasting menu luncheon in the stone-walled village of Madremanya.
- Taormina, Sicily: Visit the renowned fish and produce market in Catania, learn to make delicious cannolis from a pastry master and watch a cooking demo followed by lunch at a well-known Taormina restaurant specializing in slow food.
- Livorno, Italy: Enjoy a truly authentic food and wine experience in the Tuscan countryside, with a cooking demonstration and sumptuous lunch - with wines - at Villa Dianella. Wander through the stalls at Il Mercato Centrale and marvel at artisanal cheeses and meats, fresh fish, seasonal produce and breads.
Although Regent offers free shore excursions to its passengers in each port, these gourmet tours will carry extra fees, ranging from $79 to a staggering $799 per person.