Curious about the 225,282-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas? This unique floating island reinvented the definition of Royal Caribbean of a megaship. Oasis' neighborhoods include foliage-filled Central Park with 12,175 plants; innovative 2-deck Loft Suites; 20 onboard dining options and more.
- Gross Registered Tons: 225,282
- Passengers (Max Occupancy): 6,680; Crew: 2,196
- Length: 1,187 feet; Width: 208 feet
- Godmothers: Daisy Fuentes, Darra Torres, Gloria Estefan, Jane Seymour, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Michelle Kwan and Shawn Johnson.
- The vessel contains 3,300 miles of cables, which is roughly the width of the United States.
- 110,230 pounds of ice cubes are prepared daily.
- Central Park features 56 trees and bamboo, 62 vine plants, 12,500 plants.
- The AquaTheater pool is 18 feet deep and is one of the biggest pools at sea.
- 4.7 mill pounds of fresh water are used in 24 hours.
- Oasis of the Seas boasts 7,000 works of commissioned artwork.
- The ship has 20 chefs, 222 cooks , 102 sanitation/cleaning culinary crew.
- The breads and pastries are all made fresh onboard. The bakery machine makes 4,000 rolls per hour.
- Consumption in a week: 18,000 pounds of potatoes; 16,000 pounds of chicken; 15,600 pounds of beef; 62,000 pounds of fresh vegetables; 45,000 pounds of fresh fruit; 86,400 eggs; 10,200 bottles of beer; 3,500 bottles of water; 2,225 bottles of wine; 8,000 gallons of ice cream; 18,000 slices of pizza.