Aabenraa is a port city in Denmark, located at the head of Aabenraa Fjord, and approx 61 km (38 ml) north of Schleswig (northeastern Schleswig-Holstein, Germany). The town has population around 16,000.
- Aabenraa was first mentioned in the 12th century, when the town was attacked by the Wends (West Slavs).
- The settlement started growing around the bishop's castle Opnor Hus and received its merchant status in 1240. During the Middle Ages, the town was popular for its fishing industry and hops production (flowers aka seed cones or strobiles).
- The town's glory days were in the period 1750s to 1864, when shipping traffic was at a growth rate serving the trade to Mediterranean, South America, Australia and China. Aabenraa had a good harbour, affording shelter for large ships. The port had Danish monarchy's 3rd-largest trade fleet, following Copenhagen and Flensborg (Flensburg). The twon also had several renowned shipbuilding yards.
- Aabenraa has a 7,5 m / 25 ft deep natural harbour.
- Among the most popular tourist attractions are the St Nikolai Church and the Brundlund Castle (today housing the Brundlund Slot Art Museum). Aabenraa is also a popular bathing resort destination.
Port Aabenraa cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Aabenraa, Denmark. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
The Aabenraa cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Aabenraa, Denmark.
If you lose the Aabenraa location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.