Aappilattoq is a port village located in Kujalleq municipality, southern Greenland. The village has population around 200.
- The town's name is translated as "sea anemone". The area has been inhabited since 19th century, but the current-day village was established in 1922.
- Aappilattoq is located east of Nanortalik, approx 50 km (31 ml) north of Greenland's southern cape Cape Farewell. It is also close to some of the world's most scenic fjords, including the 100 km (62 ml) long fjord Prince Christian Sound.
- Locals' main occupations are hunting and fishing. The boat service house is operated by Kujalleq municipality. The general store is operated by KNI AS (Greenland Trade company, successor to Denmark's Royal Greenland Trading Department. The village also has a general repairs workshop and a fire station (served by Nanortalik fire department). It also has an elementary school and its own church.
- Main transportation routes are via sea or air. The village is inaccessible by land due to the surrounding mountain region and its remote location.
- Aappilattoq has a heliport (helicopter landing facility) served by Air Greenland (domestic airline) which operates (predominantly cargo helicopter) flights as part of a government contract.
Every summer a number of large or very large ships cruise through Prince Christian Sound and en-route stop at Aappilattoq.
Highlights: Upernarvik Icefjord village
The Aappilattoq cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Aappilattoq, Greenland.
If you lose the Aappilattoq location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Aappilattoq cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Aappilattoq, Greenland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 August, 2018