Ajaccio cruise port is located on the western coast of Corsica. The city is the largest on the island and is famous with the fact that it is the birthplace of Napoleon. Ajaccio cruise port is situated in the Gulf of Ajaccio. The city attracts tourist with its unusual shops and amazing restaurants. It is easily explored only on foot and has one of the most breathtaking harbours in the world. The city is French but still there is some Italian influence.
Ajaccio cruise port is in the itineraries of major cruise lines including Costa Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, AIDA, Princess Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Regent, Silversea, MSC Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Holland America Line, Cunard, Seabourn and Phoenix.
Highlights: Napoleon's City, Prunelli Gorges
Ajaccio cruise terminal
Ajaccio cruise port is a tender port. The cruise ships anchor in the harbour and the passengers are tendered ashore by boats to the pier.
Ajaccio cruise port terminal is located at Quai L’Herminier. On its east side is the ferry terminal and on the west side is the fishing port. Ajaccio cruise port terminal is small but modern and is known as Gare Maritime.
The terminal offers booking desks, telephones, toilets and taxi services. Ajaccio International Airport is 7 km from Ajaccio cruise port terminal. The city highlights are within walking distance. You have to head left outside the terminal and continue along the road for half a kilometre to reach the heart of the city.
If you want to use a taxi, be aware to negotiate the price. There is a taxi rank near Ajaccio cruise port terminal. The official language of the area is French, the currency – Euro.
Ajaccio tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Bonaparte House: located at Rue St Charles. The Maison Bonaparte is the place where on 15 Aug, 1769 Napoleon was born. The house is close to the Town Hall. You can see original furniture, family documents and portraits.
- Napoleonic Museum: located at 50 rue Fesch, in the Town Hall (Hôtel de Ville).
- Notre-Dame de la Miséricorde: it dates from 1593 and is dedicated to the patroness of Ajaccio – La Madunuccia. Famous painting inside the first chapel is “Du Sacré Côur” by Eugène Delacroix.
- Place de Gaulle: this is the center of the city. There is located a statue of Napoleon and his four brothers. It twas constructed by Viollet le-Duc in 1865.
- Cours Napoléon: the main shopping street. It starts north from the Place de Gaulle square.
- Palais Fesch: located at 50 rue Fesch. The imperial Chapel house the Napoleon’s mother mausoleum.
- Fesch Museum: located at 50 rue Fesch in the Palais Fesch’s first floor. The museum displays collection of Italian paintings from the period 14th-19th centuries.
- Bandera Museum: located at 1 rue du général Levie. The museum tells the history of Corsica and other Mediterranean islands with events.
The Ajaccio cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ajaccio, Corsica, France.
If you lose the Ajaccio location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Ajaccio cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ajaccio, Corsica, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 January, 2017
26 January, 2017