Banda Islands (officially Kepulauan Banda) are part of Indonesia's Maluku province. This is a group of 10 small volcanic isles located in Banda Sea. The archipelago is approx 140 km (87 ml) south of Seram Island and approx 2000 km (1245 ml) east of Java Island. The covered area is approx 180 km2 (70 ml2) and has population around 15,000.
- Banda Islands' main town and administrative centre is Bandanaira (located on Pulau Naira Island's western coast) .
- Most of present-day Banda Islands' inhabitants are descendants of plantation labourers and migrants from Indonesia and also of indigenous Bandanese.
- The descendants of some Bandanese who fled Dutch conquest during the 17th century live on Kai Islands (located to the east of Kepulauan Banda). A version of original Banda language is spoken in the villages of Banda Elat and Banda Eli on Kai Besar Island.
- Until the middle of the 19th century, Banda Islands were the world's only source of the spices mace and nutmeg. They are produced from nutmeg trees.
- The islands are among Indonesia's most popular vacation destinations for snorkeling and scuba diving.
Highlights: Maluka ( Molucca) Islands, Governors Palace, Forts
Banda Islands cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Banda Islands dock (anchor) at Bandanaira - port town (only settlement) located on Pulau Banda Neira Island. This is a tender cruise port. Cruise ships anchor in the bay and transport their passengers via the ship's tender boats.
Port Banda Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Banda Islands, Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ship||Arrival||Departure||Next Port of Call|
|12 April, 2018|
|Seabourn Sojourn||08:00||17:00||Pulau Ambon Island, Indonesia|
The Banda Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Banda Islands, Indonesia.
If you lose the Banda Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.