Bar is a port town located in Montenegro's southern part. The small town has population around 17,700 ((municipality 42,000).
- "Bar" is the shortened form of "Antivari", which is derived from the location of the town across Adriatic Sea from Bari Italy.
- The Port of Bar is city's most recognizable feature. It occupies a total of 3,100 m (10,170 ft) of seacoast, land area 800 ha, as well as an aquatorium of 200 ha. Bar Port is capable of reloading 5 mill tons of goods per year. In 1976, Belgrade-Bar railway was opened and made Adriatic coast accessible to visitors, and transport to Port of Bar.
- The Primorka food company has been operating in the town of Bar for over 50 years. It produces pomegranate juice and olive oil. There are around 95,000 olive trees, 80,000 citrus trees (orange, lemon, grapefruit and tangerine) in the municipal area. Montenegro's oldest scientific institution is the centre for subtropical cultures, established in 1937. Tourism is a major part of Bar's economy.
- The town of Bar boasts a ferry line to Bari, Italy operated by Montenegro Lines. Ferries also sail to Ancona, Italy. Bar is connected with inland Montenegro and with the rest of Montenegrian coast.
- Despite the fact that there are some beautiful stony beaches in Bar, many tourists prefer destinations in other little towns in the municipality, notably Sutomore, with its long sandy beach. Rich in vegetation and mostly untouched is the natural area around Bar. The municipality of Bar encompasses Krajina region and reaches the southern shore of Skadar lake. The entire area is suitable for hiking and leisure activities.
The Bar cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bar, Montenegro.
If you lose the Bar location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bar cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bar, Montenegro. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
5 July, 2017
6 July, 2017
River cruising is usually perceived as being for older generation. However, Uniworld is looking for means to attract a more younger...May 29, 2017
The private residential cruise ship MS The World broke the record for the most southerly navigation reaching 78°43•997´S and 163°...February 2, 2017
Port Barcelona presented its pioneering Air Quality Improvement Plan, an initiative aiming to reduce emissions from port activities. The document...November 6, 2016
A cruise ship sailed through the Northwest Passage for the first time in history. Before reaching her final destination, yesterday ...September 14, 2016
Scheduled for delivery in December 2017, MSC Seaside will offer a 20-night trans-Atlantic crossing to her year-round home, PortMiami. The cruise is...May 23, 2016
The largest cruise ship in the world, Harmony of the Seas, left port for the first time as it set sail from France with no cruise passengers (but...March 11, 2016
- show more news