Bar is a port town located in Montenegro's southern part. The small town has population around 17,700 ((municipality 42,000).
- "Bar" is the shortened form of "Antivari", which is derived from the location of the town across Adriatic Sea from Bari Italy.
- The Port of Bar is city's most recognizable feature. It occupies a total of 3,100 m (10,170 ft) of seacoast, land area 800 ha, as well as an aquatorium of 200 ha. Bar Port is capable of reloading 5 mill tons of goods per year. In 1976, Belgrade-Bar railway was opened and made Adriatic coast accessible to visitors, and transport to Port of Bar.
- The Primorka food company has been operating in the town of Bar for over 50 years. It produces pomegranate juice and olive oil. There are around 95,000 olive trees, 80,000 citrus trees (orange, lemon, grapefruit and tangerine) in the municipal area. Montenegro's oldest scientific institution is the centre for subtropical cultures, established in 1937. Tourism is a major part of Bar's economy.
- The town of Bar boasts a ferry line to Bari, Italy operated by Montenegro Lines. Ferries also sail to Ancona, Italy. Bar is connected with inland Montenegro and with the rest of Montenegrian coast.
- Despite the fact that there are some beautiful stony beaches in Bar, many tourists prefer destinations in other little towns in the municipality, notably Sutomore, with its long sandy beach. Rich in vegetation and mostly untouched is the natural area around Bar. The municipality of Bar encompasses Krajina region and reaches the southern shore of Skadar lake. The entire area is suitable for hiking and leisure activities.
The Bar cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bar, Montenegro.
If you lose the Bar location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bar cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bar, Montenegro. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 April, 2017
When Pearl Mist dropped anchor in September at the mouth of Northeast Harbor (Maine, USA) and brought her affluent passengers ashore, some of...November 14, 2016
The largest cruise ships in the world, Royal Caribbean's three Oasis-class ships, met for the first time Friday, November 4. The three megaships...November 6, 2016
Princess Cruises announced a new culinary partnership with Michelin-star chef Emmanuel Renaut , scheduled to debut onboard the newest ship of...November 5, 2016
A historic voyage is underway as the largest cruise ship in the world is now on her epic transatlantic journey. Royal Caribbean's newest and...October 29, 2016
A medical emergency occurred yesterday on Carnival Vista, and a helicopter medevaced a cruise passenger. The Carnival ship had...October 23, 2016
Pacific Princess, which last Friday suffered under the waterline portside damage when she hit a breakwater entering Nice, left the French...October 20, 2016
A 30,000 GT Princess Cruises' liner carrying over 1,000 people has been badly damaged after hitting embankment while entering port of Nice. A...October 15, 2016
The Port of Civitavecchia will get a brand new cruise terminal with construction set to start November, 2016. The busy cruise port...October 9, 2016
A cruise ship will dock in Tunis for the first time since the jihadist attack in March 2015 that killed 21 tourists, Tunisian...October 2, 2016
ABP Southampton won Port of the Year award, and Singapore is Destination of the Year. B&A Europe (Bermello Ajamil & Partners Europe) is...September 23, 2016
- show more news