Bar is a port town located in Montenegro's southern part. The small town has population around 17,700 ((municipality 42,000).
- "Bar" is the shortened form of "Antivari", which is derived from the location of the town across Adriatic Sea from Bari Italy.
- The Port of Bar is city's most recognizable feature. It occupies a total of 3,100 m (10,170 ft) of seacoast, land area 800 ha, as well as an aquatorium of 200 ha. Bar Port is capable of reloading 5 mill tons of goods per year. In 1976, Belgrade-Bar railway was opened and made Adriatic coast accessible to visitors, and transport to Port of Bar.
- The Primorka food company has been operating in the town of Bar for over 50 years. It produces pomegranate juice and olive oil. There are around 95,000 olive trees, 80,000 citrus trees (orange, lemon, grapefruit and tangerine) in the municipal area. Montenegro's oldest scientific institution is the centre for subtropical cultures, established in 1937. Tourism is a major part of Bar's economy.
- The town of Bar boasts a ferry line to Bari, Italy operated by Montenegro Lines. Ferries also sail to Ancona, Italy. Bar is connected with inland Montenegro and with the rest of Montenegrian coast.
- Despite the fact that there are some beautiful stony beaches in Bar, many tourists prefer destinations in other little towns in the municipality, notably Sutomore, with its long sandy beach. Rich in vegetation and mostly untouched is the natural area around Bar. The municipality of Bar encompasses Krajina region and reaches the southern shore of Skadar lake. The entire area is suitable for hiking and leisure activities.
The Bar cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Bar, Montenegro.
If you lose the Bar location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Bar cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Bar, Montenegro. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
27 September, 2017
A new residents association formed in Bar Harbor trying to block the proposed transition of the former ferry terminal into cruise ship berthing...September 16, 2017
Environmental watchdog will monitor cruise ship bunker fuel emissions while vessels are in Tasmania's ports. A record number of cruise liners will...September 11, 2017
Maine is on track to boast a record cruise ship season this year. The state is expecting a total of 423 vessels with more than 380,000...September 10, 2017
Millennial-focused cruise line U by Uniworld unveiled renderings of its river ships, which will feature all-black exteriors. The first sailings of...September 4, 2017
Most major cruise lines with vessels scheduled to visit Barcelona in the next few days go ahead with the calls, despite the terror attack yesterday...August 18, 2017
The private residential cruise ship MS The World broke the record for the most southerly navigation reaching 78°43•997´S and 163°...February 2, 2017
A cruise ship sailed through the Northwest Passage for the first time in history. Before reaching her final destination, yesterday ...September 14, 2016
- show more news