Basseterre's cruise port is Port Zante. The city is capital of Saint Kitts and Nevis, located in the West Indies, Caribbean Sea. Port Zante is located in a bay on the St Kitts Island's southwestern coast. The port is one of Leeward Islands' major commercial seaports.
Basseterre (population around 13,000) is one of the oldest cities in the Eastern Caribbean. It was established by France in 1627, under Pierre Belain d'Esnambuc (1585-1637).
- For season 2015-2016, Port Zante reported a total of 373 cruise ship calls bringing 913,716 passengers.
- Season 2016-2017 was a record breaker with a total of 1,125927 million cruise passengers.
- On January 12, 2017 (Thursday) the Sant Kitts Island was visited by 6 cruise ships with total capacity of over 16,000 passengers. These vessels were the Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas, Princess Cruises' Regal Princess, AIDA Cruises' AIDAluna, Thomson Cruises' TUI Discovery, and also the top-luxury mega yact SeaDream (docked at Nevis Island).
Highlights: Basseterre, Brimstone Hill Fort
Basseterre cruise terminal
Cruise ships to St Kitts Island dock (anchor) at Basseterre.
- Deep Water Harbour (Basseterre's port) is capable of both berthing and hosting of cruise ships or handling of cargo. It is located to the Bay's extreme East.
- Basseterre Bay is also home to bustling ferry operations between Charlestown and Basseterre. Numerous scheduled ferry trips are offered daily. Transportation is served by 6 ferries. Ferry service between Oranjestad (Aruba Island), Statia (Sint Eustatius Island) and Basseterre, as well as to Philipsburg (Saint Maarten) also exists, but with irregular trips.
Port Zante (on the photo below) is located in the centre of the Bay. This pier is only used for docking cruise ships. Port Zante can accommodate the world's largest cruise vessels and also features an yacht marina.
In September 2016 was announced that by the end of 2016 starts the construction of a new (2nd) cruise pier at Port Zante. Two independent proposals were presented to the St Kitts and Nevis Government. For the project was contacted the Canadian Commercial Corporation. Before the new pier's construction, during peak season additional cruise ships had to dock at the container terminal in Bird Rock, and all cargo vessels coming into port had to wait before docking - until the cruise liners leave the terminal.
Basseterre tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The Basseterre cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Basseterre, St Kitts Island.
If you lose the Basseterre location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Basseterre cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Basseterre, St Kitts Island. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 May, 2017
5 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
15 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
The number of cruise passengers who visit St Kitts Island this year is anticipated to fall short of the 1 million mark according to Lindsay...May 15, 2017
A Carnival cruise passenger from Carnival Glory has died in Saint Kitts during a SNUBA ("snorkel" and "scuba" - surface-supplied diving...February 3, 2016
- show more news