Brava Island (which name means “wild”) is one of the Sotavento group's Cape Verde Islands. Officially the Republic of Cabo Verde, this island country spans an archipelago of ten islands located in the central Atlantic Ocean.
- Brava Island has a total population of around 6,000, land area of 67 km2 (26 ml2), length of 24 km (15 ml), width of 16 km (10 ml) and highest elevation point (Monte Fontainhas) 976 m (3202 ft).
- Brava is the smallest but the greenest inhabited island of Cape Verde. First settled during the 1540s,
- The island's population grew after the volcano Mount Fogo on the neighbouring Fogo Island erupted in 1675.
- The Island's main industry was whaling, but today it is primarily agriculturel.
- Brava Island never had a lot of tourism, but it's slowly booming. The isle is unsuitable for beach tourism as the steep shoreline doesn't allow many beaches.
Highlights: Faja d’Agua
Brava Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Brava Island Cabo Verde dock (anchor) at Furna - port town on the northeastern coast.
The Brava Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Brava Island, Furna, Cape Verde.
If you lose the Brava Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Brava Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Brava Island, Furna, Cape Verde. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
- April, 2018
|Day||Ships in port|
7 April, 2018