Camden is a Delaware River cruise port located in Camden (New Jersey USA). The city covers a total area of approx 27 km2 (10 ml2) and has population around 76,000.
- The city lies directly across Delaware River from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is New Jersey's 12th most populous, with more than 20 neighborhoods. The town's name is derived from Charles Pratt (1714-1794).
- City's waterfront area holds 4 tourist attractions, USS New Jersey (BB-62, Iowa-class battleship), BB&T Pavilion (outdoor/indoor theater complex), Adventure Aquarium (sized over 200,000 ft2 / 18,580 m2) and Campbell's Field (6425-seat baseball park, home to Camden Riversharks).
- The Adventure Aquarium was opened in 1992 as New Jersey State Aquarium at Camden. After extensive renovation, in 2005 the aquarium was reopened as Adventure Aquarium. It was one of the original centerpieces in the plans to revitalize the city.
- Rutgers University–Camden was established in 1926 as South Jersey Law School.
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University was inaugurated in 2012.
- The city also houses both Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center and Cooper University Hospital. The "eds & meds" institutions account for about 45% of its total employment.
- Sadly, 40% of Camden NJ residents live below the USA's national poverty line. In 2012, the city was reported having USA's highest crime rate - 2570 violent crimes for every 100,000 people, which is 6,6 times higher than USA's national average of 390 per 100,000.
- RiverLink Ferry is Camden's seasonal service across Delaware River to Philadelphia, Penn's Landing.
Highlights: Scenic harbour, steep mountains, Rockport, Lincolnville
The Camden cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Camden, New Jersey.
If you lose the Camden location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Camden cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Camden, New Jersey. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
12 July, 2017
19 July, 2017
26 July, 2017