Canal du Midi and Canal de Garonne combined are called "Canal des deux Mers" ("Two Seas Canal"). Together, they connect the Atlantic Ocean with Mediterranean Sea. Next photo shows Canal du Midi (Pont-canal de l'Orb).
Next photo shows Canal de Garonne (Pont-Canal d'Agen).
The itinerary route (west to east) is as follows:
- Gironde estuary (the entrance is from Atlantic Ocean).
- Garonne River (at Castets-en-Dorthe the river connects to the Garonne Canal).
- Garonne Canal ends in Toulouse, where starts Canal du Midi.
- Canal du Midi (Toulouse to Etang de Thau), where connects to Canal du Rhone a Sete (flowing into Mediterranean Sea).
Canal des deux Mers has length of approx 433 km (269 ml), and a total of 118 locks.
- Canal du Midi has length of 240 km (150 ml) and a total of 65 locks. Its construction started in 1666, and was completed in 1681.
- Canal de Garonne has length of 193 km (120 ml) and a total of 53 locks. Its construction started in 1838, and was completed in 1856.
The Canal du Midi cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Canal du Midi, France.
If you lose the Canal du Midi location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Canal du Midi cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Canal du Midi, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 April, 2018
4 April, 2018
5 April, 2018
10 April, 2018
12 April, 2018
13 April, 2018
14 April, 2018
17 April, 2018
18 April, 2018
19 April, 2018
21 April, 2018
24 April, 2018
26 April, 2018
27 April, 2018
28 April, 2018