Cannes cruise port is located on the French Riviera. It is a part of the department of Alpes-Maritimes. The city most famous event is its Film Festival. The second popular event is the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival. Cannes cruise port often serves also as a gateway to other resort on the French Riviera (Nice). It is also a great stop on your way to Monte Carlo.
Cannes cruise port welcomes cruise ships operated by major cruise lines including Royal Caribbean, Princess Cruises, AIDA, Cunard, Azamara Club Cruises, Seabourn, Oceania Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, SeaDream Yacht Club and Windstar Cruises. The total number of cruise passenger that visit Cannes cruise port in 2012 was 339,155 people.
- The list of French Riviera (Cote d'Azur) ports also includes Antibes, Bandol, Cassis, Marseille, Sanary-sur-Mer, St Raphael, St Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche-sur-Mer (Nice) and Monte Carlo (Monaco).
Highlights: French Riviera
Cannes cruise terminal
Cannes cruise port is a tender port and it is too small to accommodate cruise vessel (except some really small). The cruise ship anchor in the bay and the passengers are tendered ashore to the Old Port (Le Vieux Port).
The terminal of Cannes cruise port is new and offer all necessary facilities and nice restrooms. You can reach the town walking or you prefer you can catch a taxi in front of the terminal. There is a local bus service and the rate is one euro. The city can be explored via trolley (Le Train du Cinema). The closest stop to Cannes cruise port terminal is La Croisette.
The official language is French but the there are locals that speak English.
You can find tourist information in Palais des Festivals , on the ground floor. The building is a few blocks from Cannes cruise port tender dock, at 1 boulevard de la Croisette.
The nearest airport, Cannes, is 10 minutes away. Airport Nice Côte d’Azur is half an hour from Cannes cruise port.
Cannes tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- La Croisette: the famous promenade curves around the seafront. Everything here will look beautiful to you. You can see the locals – hanging around with their families, tanned women, young people, rolerbladers, joggers and even clown. If you are here during the Cannnes Filn Festival, you will surely meet a few stars around.
- Palais des Festivals: you won’t be impressed by the building itself. The latest improvement of the building was the exterior change – now it is bright white, the backdrop for all celebrities’ photos.
- Musée de la Castre: located on Place de la Castre (atop Suquet Hill). The museum holds many different collection from archeological to musical. There is also an amazing view from the tower’s top (but you will need to climb 109 steps).
- Ile Ste-Marguérite: Ile Ste-Marguérite and Ile St-Honora are two amazing island located 15 minutes from Cannes cruise port. You can catch a ferry from Quai Laubeuf (old port’s western side). You can enjoy the air and the nature of those islands or visit Fort Royal (on Ile Ste-Marguérite).
The Cannes cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Cannes, France Riviera.
If you lose the Cannes location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Cannes cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Cannes, France Riviera. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
3 October, 2016
10 October, 2016
15 October, 2016
17 October, 2016
24 October, 2016
29 October, 2016
31 October, 2016
1 October, 2016
7 October, 2016
11 October, 2016
12 October, 2016
14 October, 2016
18 October, 2016
20 October, 2016
21 October, 2016
23 October, 2016
25 October, 2016
28 October, 2016
30 October, 2016